Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shelby and Racing History (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-racing-history/)
-   -   Tracking down a CSX car (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-racing-history/75817-tracking-down-csx-car.html)

Skelt 01-10-2007 02:43 PM

Tracking down a CSX car

My neighbor has an EM unfinished in his garage.When I stopped in to talk about it, he tells me he had an original cobra. I don't doubt him but I would like to check out the cars past owners if possible and tell him what happened to his car. So can someone give me some info on CSX2252? Anytime I Google the number all I get are trains!

Don

LMH 01-10-2007 03:10 PM

Don
You're one step a head of me... I've been trying to find my bosses CSX that he owned in the 70's. He doesn't remember the chassis number and I've hit a dead end unless he can find something with the chassis number. At least, you have a number to look up.
Larry

Dan Case 01-10-2007 03:20 PM

CSX2252

I believe member Old Phart owns it.

rms427 01-10-2007 03:30 PM

The Shelby World Registry says the following (abbreviated). Invoiced on 3/20/1964 to R.R.R. Motors (Homewood, IL) at a cost of $5,195. Earliest known owner was Robert Radford who put it in storage in 1967. Sold in 1975 to Robert White. In 1977 purchased by Calvin Nikki and then sold it to Bob Perry. Ed Waterman purchased the car in 1978 and restored it (had rear end damage). Tony McCrary purchased the car and in 1981 it was up for sale again and purchased by Scott McGilvray of Dallas Mustang Parts.

1985 CCX 01-10-2007 04:42 PM

Dan is 100% correct on this one!

computerworks 01-10-2007 07:13 PM

CSX2252 pic was posted here...

Skelt 01-12-2007 08:01 AM

Thanks for the history on this car.I don't see my neighbors name listed as an owner. I'll have to check a little deeper and see whats up! This MIGHT be a case of "I had a real one"

Thanks again for the info!
Don

Slither 01-12-2007 11:26 AM

CSX2252 is owned by Bill Godwin here in the Phoenix area. He is a member of Arizona Cobras.