Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shell Valley Companies (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shell-valley-companies/)
-   -   shell valley datona (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shell-valley-companies/134737-shell-valley-datona.html)

427 sam 09-25-2015 12:57 AM

shell valley datona

Hi, i am thinking of importing a shell valley Datona to the uk ,what are the pitfalls if any or things to watch out for,any imput would be much appreciated,for example which body do i go for the more expensive hand laid or is the standard body ok, what extras would you add obove the standard kit package, as i only want to import what i need due to cost,i can source engine and gearbox ect in the uk, thanks in advance Sam

Brooklyn-427 09-25-2015 03:35 AM

Get the IRS and wilwood brake packages, air con and correct wheels

Ron61 09-25-2015 03:51 AM

I would only go for the more expensive body if you plan to race it. Otherwise I think the standard body would be OK for just driving and the occasional get on it run. Brooklyn-427 pretty well covered the other things that I would have recommended.

Ron

427 sam 09-25-2015 04:38 AM

Thanks guys, i don't want to get the package wrong, i would sooner pay for the extras than be disapointed with the build later.regards Sam

Brooklyn-427 09-25-2015 04:47 AM

Also source your transmission package from summit or modern driveline and have it shipped with kit, id go for a T5 W/C if your staying around the 400hp level. also anything else you can think of like a MSD box , fuel system parts and such like. Maybe look at the power steering option , flaming river do a RHD mustang 2 power rack.

427 sam 09-26-2015 10:43 AM

Thanks for the advice, i have taken it on board and will be contacting the company's with the relevant questions and ultimately orders. Thsnks once again, Sam