Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shop Talk (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shop-talk/)
-   -   Z max (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shop-talk/109676-z-max.html)

fordracing65 03-17-2011 05:42 PM

Z max

Does anyone here use zmax for there engine, just saw a commercial, carrol shelby says he uses it in every single one of his rides.:confused:

ROBERT GWALTNEY 03-17-2011 05:49 PM

And you believe this commercial. ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.......

jwd 03-17-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordracing65 (Post 1116930)
carrol shelby says he uses it in every single one of his rides.:confused:

He would endorse alligator pizz if there was a dime in it for him.:rolleyes: Zmaz has been sued by the FTC for false advertising and unsubstantiated claims.

bobcowan 03-17-2011 09:49 PM

Yes, the FTC sued the company over Z-max because it didn't do anything they said it did. In fact, it actually appeared to do damage to the engine. It appears to be nothing more than tinted mineral oil. http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/02/zmax1.shtm

Al G 03-18-2011 04:02 AM

The FTC action was 10 years ago. How is Zmax still being promoted? Did they change something? If not, it appears the FTC action is meaningless.

Bob In Ct 03-18-2011 05:30 AM

Just because Ron Popeil says it works does not mean it does. Car guys just love magic ingredients for their oil, the "Snake Oil" guys are always willing to take advantage of this need. There's a pretty good chance that the companies who manufacture the lubricants, working with the guys that build the cars have developed a product which will do the job without adding some additive. If the oil needs it, it's probably already in there.

BTW, Zmax also keeps the elephants away. My buddy's been using it for 15 years now and he hasn't seen one elephant in his neighborhood. Proof!

Bob

wrogers55 03-18-2011 08:38 AM

I used to own racing schools and worked with Shelby and his guys on several projects. Zmax wanted to get their name on our cars and racing series and offered sponsorship......but, we were running high revving rotary motors in the pro racing series and they didn't want us to put the stuff in the motors, just the decals on the cars.

Not sure you need to know much more than that.

Silverback51 03-18-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1116941)
He would endorse alligator pizz if there was a dime in it for him.:rolleyes: Zmaz has been sued by the FTC for false advertising and unsubstantiated claims.

Please Jim, say it's not true.:rolleyes::p:LOL:

Never mind, I forgot that we are morons.:JEKYLHYDE:D

jwd 03-18-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverback51 (Post 1117115)
Please Jim, say it's not true.:rolleyes::p:LOL:

Never mind, I forgot that we are morons.:JEKYLHYDE:D

Hi John,

We both know who the real moron is. When I read his posts, I picture a pimply faced kid playing on his Dad's computer. :LOL:

Jim

lovehamr 03-18-2011 05:01 PM

I should point out that these days Zmax is formulated with zero death crystals.........so.......

CobraEd 03-19-2011 08:34 AM

But it literaly soaks into the iron and steel to lubricate at a molecular level, Thats gotta be good !!!! :3DSMILE:

lovehamr 03-19-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobraEd (Post 1117220)
But it literaly soaks into the iron and steel to lubricate at a molecular level, Thats gotta be good !!!! :3DSMILE:.

Doesn't KY do the same thing.................jus sayin':rolleyes:

1985 CCX 03-19-2011 03:10 PM

Z-Max :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Use a high zinc content oil for the performance solid lifter motor and change it every 3000 miles and you will be fine.