Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shop Talk (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shop-talk/)
-   -   Rear coil over help please (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shop-talk/129599-rear-coil-over-help-please.html)

Ohio Ken 07-06-2014 08:44 AM

Rear coil over help please

Well, after doing my intro yesterday, here is my first question.

I have a classic 427 kit made in 1992 from Classic Roadsters Ltd (no longer in business). It has a fox body type 4 link suspension 8.8" ford diff, with original coil perches (located in front of the axle) that can be adjusted from the upper deck. It has shocks behind the axle (they are Monroe 59017, that I traced for 02 Mercury voyagers also used on 78 Jeep Cj7.

Running wide bfg tires 295/50r15. The rear sits a little uneven with approx 3" clearance above driver tire to wheel well an is 1" lower on Passenger side.

Problem is the tire rubs on passenger wheel well on dips and bumps (sometimes driver side as well)

My question, is when researching coil overs like QA1, the tops have stud mounts, where as my current shock mounts use eyelet mounts for top and bottom. Does anyone have suggestions for good coil overs that can mount to eyelets? I really don't want to cut and weld different mounts if I can avoid it. If you know of coilovers that would fit, a part number would be helpful.
Thanks
Ken

joyridin' 07-06-2014 11:44 AM

This should be easy. You can just replace the studs with eyelets. They screw on/off pretty easy. I think I have a couple of sets of each laying around the garage.

Wbulk 07-06-2014 07:50 PM

QA-1 has eyelets mount. They call them bearing mounts. They are like a heim joint.

Ohio Ken 07-07-2014 06:15 PM

Thanks Wayne. I actually fount QA1 coil overs with top and bottom eyelet mounts. They should fit, I might have to use spacers to account form the larger diameter of the coil overs. I had post a link for the coil over, but I guess the moderators did not approve it?

jaydonaldson 07-07-2014 06:23 PM

Let me know what and how your shock worked. Mi need to replace mine, same CR and yr.

Ohio Ken 07-07-2014 06:37 PM

Well every time I post a link it says must be approved by moderator. So it is from QA1 15.3" coilover part #721785. Looks like a similar match up to my current shocks, but being wider would probably need spacers. I need to learn more before I drop $400.00 on them.

Ohio Ken 07-07-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydonaldson (Post 1309279)
Let me know what and how your shock worked. Mi need to replace mine, same CR and yr.

You wouldn't happen to have an assembly manual would you? I would be willing to pay for you to have Kinko's or someone copy it?
Ken