Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shop Talk (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shop-talk/)
-   -   Weber questions (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shop-talk/18952-weber-questions.html)

acaskie 07-26-2002 10:19 AM

Weber questions

Is anyone out there running 44 or 48 IDFs on a 351W using a 302 manifold and adaptor plates. I am trying to sort my set-up, and it would be helpful to compare notes with someone who has a well-running version of same, assuming, of course, that there is such a thing. Never having seen a picture posted of Webers with adaptor plates, I am beginning to wonder if there is some inherent problem with going that route.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Cal Metal 07-26-2002 06:44 PM

Allen:

Adaptor plates? Those are normally used on 351W when using a 289 type manifold. Do you have a pic?

acaskie 07-27-2002 07:28 PM

Cal,

You are correct, and I misstated. It is a 289 manifold. I have a picture on the office computer that I will attempt to post on Monday.

zimmy 07-27-2002 07:38 PM

Allen:

If anyone can help it is Cal Metal and Enzo. They have both helped me as we have discussed. As we have discussed recently, my problems are due to an unexpected low compression ratio. See you soon.

Zimmy

acaskie 07-30-2002 12:09 PM

Zimmy,

At least there are a number of other people who have a 427 with 48IDAs for you to share experiences and ideas with. I still haven't heard of a soul who has 48 IDFs with adaptors on a 351. I hope mine isn't the prototype. :JEKYLHYDE :JEKYLHYDE :JEKYLHYDE

SSSnake 07-30-2002 12:22 PM

I think Jim Holden was selling a 351 weber intake on here a while ago. He said there was a run of five, he bought two, and he wanted to sell one. Anyone know if he sold it?

Glenn

acaskie 07-30-2002 09:52 PM

Glenn,

I don't know if it's still available, but I'm sure it was for IDAs-- As yet there is no IDF manifold for a 351. :cool:

Cal Metal 07-31-2002 06:04 AM

I have a 351W IDA manifold for sale.

acaskie 08-06-2002 12:58 PM

Well, I am still interested in hearing from anyone who is running IDFs with adaptor plates on a 351W, but I am happy to report that, after a bit of sorting, my set -up is running like a champ. Many thanks to Cal Metal for his long-distance diagnostics and to Dan Miller at Inglese for his patient explanations and hand-holding and for not flinching at having to send me a fresh carb overnight when one of the original units failed to work properly.

I will try to attach a photo.

[IMG]DSCN0098.JPG[/IMG]

acaskie 08-07-2002 05:53 AM

Sorry, one more try

http://www.capitalareacobraclub.com/.../aah.thumb.jpg

Silk 08-07-2002 06:21 AM

Allen's setup is really sweet - even though he ended up missing much of the summer getting it sorted out.

Cal Metal 08-07-2002 07:48 AM

Great news, Allen. Glad things worked out. Let me know how you finally dialed it in and what jetting you ended up using. Glad you stuck with it and things are going well. Once they get going, the torque is quite impressive with the Webs.