Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shop Talk (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shop-talk/)
-   -   302/351W 427 Valve cover adapters (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shop-talk/60719-302-351w-427-valve-cover-adapters.html)

68gt500kr 01-19-2005 04:26 PM

302/351W 427 Valve cover adapters

New member here and saw some old posts on a search from 2002 about someone looking for adapters for a 302/351W that would allow them to use 427 Pent Roof valve covers. Anyone know where you can buy them and price? I'd love a set. You can post here or e-mail direct at 68gt500kr@adelphia.net and thank again!

Dave

Edley Rondinone 01-19-2005 05:41 PM

I remember seeing these as well, and I would also be interested in a pair for my Cobra!

Edley Rondinone 01-19-2005 05:49 PM

Dave: Check out, on the "All Cobra Talk" forum, the thread "351 Dual quad manifold" by SuperHart; apparently, he HAD some of these adapters of which we speak!

JayBar 01-19-2005 06:36 PM

Contact SuperHart@aol.com, I believe the price to be 140.00 delivered, with one gasket.

SuperHart 01-19-2005 06:58 PM

Hi, All.
Yes, the adapter kits are still available. This kit will fit any Ford smallblock head that is designed to use a stock smallblock valve cover. The kit is primarily designed for carbureted motors since the stock Ford EFI unit will not clear the FE valve cover because of its folded over design. EFI systems that do not "fold over" the valve cover should present no problem, however. There will be plenty of room to clear roller rockers and possibly even stud girdles.

There have been some changes, though, in the entire presentation since the introduction of this kit. I now include steel reinforced rubber smallblock valve cover gaskets as part of the kit. I decided to do this because cork gaskets just didn't seem to hold up well enough. By including the steel/rubber gaskets as part of the kit not only can I beat the retail price for the gaskets but in addition I am assured that you will use them to prevent leaks and therefore customer complaints. The adapters are now completely done via CNC machine rather than by hand so the quality and uniformity is much improved.

The kit costs $129 complete. I will need your postal code in order to calculate and advise you of shipping charges via USPS Priority Mail. I have a number of kits in stock. As of this date, 45 kits are in service with ZERO complaints as long as the directions are followed. Any interested parties can contact me via E-mail for further information. Kits are also available at the same price from Breeze Motors and Forte's parts Connection, both of whom specialize in Factory Five parts and solutions.