Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shop Talk (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shop-talk/)
-   -   Car Cover (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shop-talk/62265-car-cover.html)

whitey94 03-07-2005 11:41 AM

Car Cover

Hi guys,
Where do I find a quality, water proof car cover to fit my FFR Cobra? I bought one from EBay that was supposed to be an exact fit. It might exact fit a Caddy!
Whitey.

tpiini 03-07-2005 11:48 AM

This won't help you much, but just a warning. You'll probably get someone pointing you to California Car Cover Co. I've bought several of their covers over the years and have always been happy with the fit. Until I bought one for my Cobra last year... That thing has the sloppiest fit of any cover I've ever seen in my life. It does "cover" the car, but I'm pretty sure it would fit any of my other cars just as well as it fits the Cobra. Considering that they wanted to know about every detail of the car before they made it I was expecting a glove-like fit. Not even close!

Good luck on your search.

Excaliber 03-07-2005 12:07 PM

I bought one from Griots Garage, nice cover, works really well. It's the high dollar one, 300 plus. Stops EVERYTHING from getting through.

Ordered one for a "Cobra", pretty sure what they sent was for a newer MUSTANG COBRA. So be sure to specify what kind of "Cobra" you and they are talking about!

To complicated to send it back, so I just pull it tight at the rear and "wad it up", tie it off and throw it under the car. Crude, but it works OK I guess. Wish it was the right size!

ohekk 03-07-2005 12:51 PM

Notta Cobra but...

My wife got a cover from Beverly Hills Motor Car for her 280 ZX.

It is by far the best fitting cover I've ever seen! Even has little pockets for the side view mirrors.

My Cobra gets covered with a satin sheet!:D

BUCKEYE COBRA 03-07-2005 04:34 PM

Just got my new cover in today via UPS from the Finish Line.
Fits great! Good cover for the bucks......

Frank Messina 03-07-2005 05:04 PM

You'll never get one that fits nice like in the ad photos in a million years, no matter how many measurements you take. Covercraft is a royal PITA to deal with. Buy one for a Miata at the best price you can find and be done with it.
Frank

CHRIS POTTER 03-08-2005 12:16 PM

I bought a California Car Cover for my Lonestar Cobra, and my A and C 34 Ford 3-window. Did the measurements like they asked, and both covers fit great. Guess I'm just lucky...

NMattison 03-08-2005 04:25 PM

hi all i purchased a cover from covercraft and it fits like a glove. but you do have to take some measurements., it also fits around the steering wheel and mirrors no water gets inside. excellent cover by me just my .02 Neil

C-man610 03-08-2005 05:33 PM

What is your intention for the car cover??

I wanted protection during winter months and use on occassional trips

I bought one through Costco's for about $35, had to hunt for a store with stock and size

Three layer, major brand material, fits nicely and protects

Can lose for $35, if you can find one