Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shop Talk (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shop-talk/)
-   -   trans price and ?? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shop-talk/63986-trans-price.html)

caman24 05-01-2005 10:03 AM

trans price and ??

Hey everyone

went to my installer to get prices

I am installing a 402r in a superformance cobra and am wondering about one price he gave me on the trans

$4,500 for a t 500 tans, mount, speedo cable & gear slave cylinder and line. This does not include the clutch which i am getting with the motor ready to go also is not include install. The price seemed high to me ?? do you guys think that is a fair market price?

Also he said i dont really need the T 600 for this motor ? any thoughts ?

thanks everyone for any help

Chris

Ant 05-01-2005 11:41 AM

Trans price

Ridiculous price, and you need to sort which ratios you need.

My advice is go for the T600 if you want that type of trans. Type in T600 in your search engine and see what different outfits are selling these trans for, plus in my opinion the 0.82 OD is the better choice for performance etc.

C4 Cross Fire 05-01-2005 12:25 PM

Re: Trans price

Quote:

Originally posted by Ant

Ridiculous price...
Amen!! :eek:

COBRAGAR 05-01-2005 03:55 PM

CAMAN,CHECK WITH SOMEBODY ELSE ,IMHO THIS GUY IS TAKING YOU FOR A RIDE AT THAT PRICE.

HI Cobra 05-01-2005 04:50 PM

caman24,

He must be late on some payments for that price - almost twice what you
will pay if you look around some - and that includes the clutch! Good luck.

JustOne 05-01-2005 06:15 PM

Get the trans from D&D (you can find their ad in a fst ford magazine). You should expect to pay $1689 for a t600, $300 for an sfi bell housing and $300 for an sfi billett flywheel. I am not sure how much the cable and mount would be for your car.

caman24 05-01-2005 10:55 PM

Thanks guys

I thought it was high

Justone i am going to check them out as for the flywheel i am getting the alum flywheel with the roush motor

thanks again guys

Chris PS i dont mind paying fair market value but i sure hate to over pay thanks again guys

Specialk 05-02-2005 07:28 AM

TKO600= $1689
Mount= $17 from Napa
Speedo Cable= $18 from Napa
Gear= $10 from Ford dealer plus $3 for the retaining clip
Slave Cylinder depends, but <$200