Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shop Talk (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shop-talk/)
-   -   double pumper or vacum (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shop-talk/73700-double-pumper-vacum.html)

Omathisen 10-16-2006 04:51 PM

double pumper or vacum

Hi,
I have recently been going through some issue with my Holley, which I suspect are due some bad fuel. I managed to clean it out and adjust it, and the car is now running OK. The carburator is a four barrell 750 cfm Holley 3310 with vacum secondaries. I had a former Northeast Busch mechanic go over the car, and he suggested I should go with a Holley double pumper instead. When I asked Ford and Holley, they both said the 3310 is perfect for my application (street) and suggested I should get a rebuild kit instead. Does anyone have any experience with vacum secondaries compared to a double pumper they can share? What are the pos and cons of one vs. other?
Thanks.
Irv

sharpe 1 10-16-2006 05:37 PM

a VACUUM SECONDARY CARB IS MORE USER FRIENDLY ON THE STREET.

Dwight 10-16-2006 05:40 PM

Double pumpers "the holy grail of carbs"

Listen to Ford and Holley. You have a street car not a 9000 rpm race car. Dwight

Zoom This 10-17-2006 08:23 AM

Irv....your choice of a carb is based primarily on your use of the car and the mods you have done to the motor. If you have a 500+ hp big block, a Holley 4150 may be a better choice. If you are running a mild motor in your car, there is nothing wrong with a good running 3310 type. As said earlier, vacuum secondaries are very street friendly. The Holley 4150 carbs are little more flexible to modify than the 3310's. Good luck.

Omathisen 10-17-2006 04:12 PM

thanks

Hi,
Appreciate the advice. My car has a 351 that has been dynoed at about 400 hp a 90 degree day. My use of the car so far has been street so I will stick with the 3310.
Irv:)