Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shop Talk (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shop-talk/)
-   -   Do you have a Arntz / Butler Cobra? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shop-talk/981-do-you-have-arntz-butler-cobra.html)

1cobralover 01-09-2000 08:26 PM

Hello
I'm trying to put some history together on a
US made Cobra that were sold world wide the company was The Arntz Cobra out of San Francisco,California,USA from 1974 to the
early 80s. (Arntz was probably one of the
first Cobra replicas made and it was an
Arntz that spawned the UK Cobra replicas.

I'm looking for anybody that has a Arntz
Cobra or had one or built one or anyone that
has any info from that company. I would also
like to talk to anybody with a Butler Cobra
(Ron Butler Ex Ken Miles mechanic)

Please pass this message on to anybody that
knows of one

Thank You
Steven Frazier

Snakebitten 08-05-2001 10:56 PM

Arntz car

yes - I own an Arntz car, it's being ground up restored ath this time, all parts redone/and or new. Cobra restorers in Kennesaw, GA is where I sourced some of the parts, others were hand made by a local group of metalurgists. The new engine Dynoed at over 530 HP. Jag suspension, Muncie M22 close ratio 4 speed, aluminum engine compartment. Power brake boosters in trunk as engine didn't make enough Vaccuum. **)

cob289 08-06-2001 02:03 PM

I´ve got some company profile by old orig. leavelets. Can send those out by e-mail

Fritz

65cobra427 08-06-2001 02:18 PM

Ron's phone #

Steven,

You might want to try to call Ron... He is doing restoration work now & is an interesting person to talk to about the history of Cobras... His # is (805) 649-6000:cool:

Q 08-06-2001 07:29 PM

there is a guy on this board who owns a butler. search under the name boss302bri.

Jamo 08-11-2001 09:31 PM

1cobralover,
Yes--No.5 Butler built in 81-82. 17,500 miles. Second owner for the past 4 years. 351 Cleve., Jag rear, MGB front, Tremec 5 spd. (original auto replaced in early 90s), Hoosiers (roadrace) on 8X15/10X15 Enki's, Konis. Red/black. Used extensively for street, SCCA autocrossing and some open track. Very strong and reliable. First major problem just happened: gas leaking from 20 year old fuel bladder in fuel cell setup--FuelSafe says the major sanctioning bodies limit them to 5 years. Just got the new bladder from FuelSafe and I'll check it 5 years from now (ha!). I talked to Mr. Butler about a year ago, and he loves to hear about his cars and talk racing. I had heard that he had passed on (this site--different thread), but I am surely happy to hear he's still with us (per 65cobra427). He evidently got screwed by the guys who bought the line from him--they closed a few years ago owing him money. Why the research (just interested)?

cob289,
I would really like to see what you have--could you e-mail to me?

Jamo

65cobra427 08-13-2001 01:50 PM

FYI

Jamo,

Talked with Ron @ Ventura raceway about a month ago... He was driving a sprint car in the seniors division... Went he's not racing, he's helping his son Brett, who races a spint car there... He is usually there every Sat. nite... Lots of good Shelby history with that guy!!!

Jamo 08-13-2001 05:06 PM

65cobra427,
Man am I glad to hear that! Hey, by the way, I represent a few farmers in your area (Boskovich, others) and I'm down there once in awhile. I'll e-mail you ahead of time--would like to meet up.
Jamo

65cobra427 08-14-2001 04:38 PM

Re: Bosko

Jamo,

Bosko is one of our best customers... Our office is about 5 blocks away... Have you ever seen Geo's Ford collection including Cobras??? We also do work in your area, Fresno Co. Fresno USD, Zacky, to name a few... If you come down 1st email me & I'll do the same when I come up... Could have used your professional help a few months re: prevailing wage job!!!:JEKYLHYDE

Jamo 08-14-2001 09:42 PM

65cobra427,

Haven't had the chance of seeing George's collection--he evidently has some rare Ford drag cars from the 60s. Only met him once getting ready for some litigation, and the Cobra poster in his office got us started talking Cobra and Ford talk while his field supervisor sat there wondering what the h*** we were talking about. I deal mostly with Joe and Jerry, and they don't get it.

When I'm in your area, I tend to take the roads less traveled with an A6 4.2 with H&R coilovers--like Hwy 33 all the way to the Valley, or sometimes 166 just for kicks. You live in a beautiful area/great roads. If you do much with ag, ever run into Rob Roy at Ventura County Ag Assn? What do you do anyway?

I usually stay at the Embassy Suites there at Channel Islands--we'll meet up!

Jamo

65cobra427 08-14-2001 11:30 PM

A 'lil bit of everything!!!

Jamo,

We are a full service communications company... 2 way radio, microwave, data, telephony, construction, etc... You know, kinda like comm-r-us!!! I live just across the bridge from the E-suites... Name you favorite drink & we'll talk Cobras & fast Fords til the sun comes up!!! If you know the next time you're coming down we'll get a first class George tour!!! They had a feature on one of the Speedvision programs about George & his Fords awhile back... I've got it on tape if you want to borrow it... I've heard of Rob Roy but don't know him... We deal mostly with the growers...

skibum2 12-20-2001 09:38 PM

I have the original lit. that they sent out ....had an ace early on and finally bought a big boy...did you get what you wanted?..

Sonny 12-21-2001 07:09 AM

Ron B.

65cobra427,
literally treasure every word that Ron Butler has to say, he's walking history, and a friend of Ken Miles, pick his brain for all the facts you can glean. met him only once and one heck of a nice guy and loves talking, i underrstand his son is the same. i am delivering a car to bay area in may and will try to stop and see him. need a vacation bad!

cobrajeff 12-21-2001 08:12 AM

Bridges 351

Say, Sonny -

I have a really old "Bridges 351" flyer that I got back in the seventies, when I first started looking for a Cobra replica. Tell me - is the car pictured in that brochure a "Bridges 351" or a REAL AC Cobra?

The Bridges cars seem to be pretty rare - how about some pictures of some of them?

regards,

cobrajeff

Sonny 12-21-2001 12:06 PM

old flyer......

the picture is of a 427R cobra out of one of the first books on cobras. you didn't have the printing/grahics capability in those days that we have now. the brochure may be crude, but you outta see others from that period. we are presently getting a christmas present at the shop of a scanner and will start creation of a photo file that i have taken over the years. the dallas "wide body cobra" adventure we had, bringing in a "partner" for expansion, didn't go too well, on the second phase of our cobra years, namely at that time the buyers were demanding shall i say a lower larger cockpit cobra, and his decision was to go to a new chassis, based on 2x4 tube over the 4" dia tube, oh well i digress, time to head to a family CHRISTMAS party. MERRY CHRISTMAS all............