24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 01-14-2008, 11:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR - 427w
Not Ranked     
Default Vegas Cobras Organizing Meeting

Well it looks like our previous thread has been lost but here's the scoop:

Mark your calendars for Saturday February 2nd at 12:00 noon. We'll be meeting at Screwballs (Warm Springs just west of Las Vegas Blvd.)

The purpose to to get everyone (or as many as we can) and organize a little better that we have been and to start planning activities for the year ahead. Of course we'll always have those last minute, spontaneous events but some of the guys would like to have some events planed out in advanced.

We're asking for everyone's input so that we can plan this meeting so that we can accomplish as much as possible in as little time as possible (then we can play the remainder of the day). So, if you have any ideas for events, goals, structure of the club, etc. please make your comments here.

And if you don't have any ideas, just post a note to let us know if your planning to attend.

Thanks, and see you on the 2nd.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham#182/Shelby 496c.i.
Not Ranked     

We'll see you there, Doug.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #113, 482 aluminum FE 601hp
Not Ranked     

Doug,
I just got back today. While it's interesting to see other parts of the world..... it is always great to come home.

Glad you got this going!! I'll come up with some agenda items and keep it short.

In the meantime, I've been up for the last 37 hours trying to get back from the Brazian interior. I'm going to sleep!!!.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's great to have you back Scott. Just to let you know, I may not be able to make it on the 2nd. I'm doing some volunteer work out at the speedway during NASCAR weekend and I'll be at the track that Saturday for instruction and orientation. There is a meeting that starts at 11:30 and I'm not sure when it gets out. I'll try to be there if I can.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None at this time sold the last one
Not Ranked     

Good to meet some of you down at the Team Shelby get together this weekend, I am sorry that I did not get more time to spend with your group, family, car show etc. I hope to be able to participate with your group in the future.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Scott, One of the things we should bring up is our forum. It seems that it keeps going down and when it comes back up several threads are missing. I had to start a new one when it came back up today. I'll email you with an idea.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I received the email explaining the problems and the fixes for the forum. Hopefully this will remedy our problems and we won't have to make any changes.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thieleng,
Sorry I missed you at Shelby's last week. I was out of town. Will you be back in LAs Vegas for our meeting and run on Feb. 2nd?

Scott
Old 01-19-2008, 02:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Agenda item for Feb 2nd meeting: Monthly meeting dates... On the first Saturday of each month I have a prior commitment for breakfast. But any other time will work for me.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Time for a bump. It's this Saturday!
Old 01-28-2008, 08:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I know Doug e-mailed all of the cuurent club members, but I thought we should mention that this meeting and run is open to Cobra Owners that have not yet joined and those that are currently building their cobra but not finished yet (drive the other car to the meeting and lunch).

Someone should also call Irwin (I know he doesn't use a computer).

Doug, thanks for e-mailing everyone.

See you all on Saturday!!

Scott
Old 01-28-2008, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Scott, I talked with Irwin about a week ago and he's aware of the meeting and the run. I'll get a hold of him today to remind him. He has a phone list of a lot of guys that may not be on the email list and I'm sure he'll make calls to them. see ya Saturday!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2535 Indigo with White Stripes and Roush 427 SR
Not Ranked     

I will try to be there. Will there be a run also? Randy
Old 01-28-2008, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes Randy, there is a run to "The Hump" after the meeting. Its about half way to Pahrump.

Here's what I put in the email that went out to all on the list:

The first all club meeting of the year is about to happen. This Saturday, February, 2nd, 12:00 noon at Screwballs. Screwballs id located at 2460 W. Warm Springs Rd. about a block west of Las Vegas Boulevard. If you know where Las Vegas Outlet Mall is, your almost there.

Here’s what you can expect:

1. We’ll gather at 12:00 noon and spend some time getting to know one another, catch up with old friends and meet new ones.

2. After everyone has settled in, we’ll order up and get down to eating.

3. After lunch we start up official business. We’ll talk about you want to see from the club and what you can contribute to make it better.

4. When business is done, a run to the “Hump” is on tap. The Hump is a bar and grill about half way to Pahrump. A popular place for bikers, it’s a nice run for a drink and snacks. Last time we were there we drew a lot of looks, questions and great conversation for all who were there. The bikers just love our cars and if your into bikes, you’ll see some great ones there.

That’s the plan. Please make every effort to make this event. If you know of someone who may not be on our email list, give them a call and invite them. The largest turn-out we’ve had was about 2 years ago when we had about 18-20 guys. We hope to top that this Saturday! So be there!

If you are not on our email list, you can sign up for it here: Subscribe to our Newsletters

Hope to see you there!
Old 01-31-2008, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Las Vegas,

Just a quick note to remind all of you that Saturday's meeting and run is in two days.
February 2, 2008, Saturday
12:00 noon
Screwballs, 2460 West Warm Springs

Scott
Old 02-01-2008, 08:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 302 EFI
Send a message via Yahoo to Doc_Naughty
Not Ranked     
Wink Saturday

Doug, Scott,

I'm just recovering from back surgery but I'll be there. I'll try to get there a little early to shoot some video of the "arrivals". I'm not driving the Cobra just yet so my "Co-Pilot" Mike is doing the honors for me . . . We will both be there for sure.

I heard from Erwin the other night and he says there an extensive list of people that he needed to call. I know he will be relentless on this . . . he is a good organizer even without a computer . . . and my offer to give him one stil stands.

Pete

And when stopped for a vehicle inspection and asked why the brake pedal seemed to go just a little to close to the floor, the response was:

"I didn't buy this car to stop . . . it doesn't have anything on it that doesn't make it go faster!"

Brock Yates
Old 02-01-2008, 09:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Robnell BB 429 (Sold) Contemporary Cobra CCX3682
Not Ranked     
Default Sorry I didn't get to meet any of you!

Scott, I emailed you some time ago regarding my trip to Vegas to see if we could catch up, I too was at the Team Shelby event at the speedway and saw some of your Cobras parked along the back, very nice cars may I add. ST, was that your Kirkham at the event? I noticed the darker wheels on your car look the same as the one at the event on the Saturday, had a blast and will be doing it again in the near future I hope. Once again, sorry I didn't get to meet any of you.

Team 61 at the bash Las Vegas bound!

Stef (with cap on)
Old 02-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None at this time sold the last one
Not Ranked     

Scott Hatcher,
I planned on coming down but I have had issues with my Roush motor blowing out a little too much smoke on acceleration and now decelleration, when I returned from Vegas I had a small amount of oil sitting on top of the intake manifold and also had the breathers puffing smoke at idle. In conference with Roush and Reno Engine and Drivetrain (R.E.D) it was decided that the previous fix did not work. The engine is in the process of being removed and shipped back to Roush to fix the issue. By the way both Roush and R.E.D have been great to deal with and I have no complaints at all. With it snowing here every day and the weather barely creeping above the freezing mark I felt that this is the best time to take care of it. I would have liked to have been there but I am sure you understand the reasons. I will be attending your activities in the future if I can get through the Tonopah low.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Stef,
Sorry we missed you here. Maybe next time.

Thieleng,
Sorry to here about your engine issues. Hope they're fixed by the time your snow melts.

Scott
Old 02-04-2008, 06:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Las Vegas,

Too bad some of you missd the meeting/run. We had 13 cobras, 2 members without their cobras and 3 new people looking to get some info on their purchases.

The run to "The Hump" was good, a little cold but better than back east or up north!!

Next meeting/run will be Saturday March 15th. Put it on your calendar. Details to follow.

Scott

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: