Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   So Cal Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/so-cal-cobra-club/)
-   -   Need a reliable shop in LA for new Clutch (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/so-cal-cobra-club/138521-need-reliable-shop-la-new-clutch.html)

aa909 05-23-2017 06:35 AM

Need a reliable shop in LA for new Clutch

Hi Guys,

Looking for a reliable shop with experience working on our cars. I've got a backdraft cobra that needs a new clutch. I'm in the Valley but willing to travel to a reputable shop.

Any recommendations for a quality mechanic in LA?

thanks
Art

1985 CCX 05-23-2017 11:35 AM

John Bessey
Trusting and good!
1-760-213-3292
jkb5@sbcglobal.net

Moto One 05-23-2017 01:53 PM

V's Automotive
204 W. Carleton Ave.
Unit B. Orange, Ca
714-282-9900

V's is the shop that did our engine install, and does most of the cars coming out of Hillbank.

Mark

CompClassics 05-25-2017 06:07 PM

I believe V's is married to or dating the daughter of the owner of Hillbank.

ACademic 05-26-2017 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CompClassics (Post 1422550)
I believe V's is married to or dating the daughter of the owner of Hillbank.

Even if that is true, what the hell does that have anything to do with answering the OP's question? I've had carb and alignment work done at V's shop and they are a very capable option for all Cobras, Brock Coupes and GT40's. If I needed clutch work I wouldn't hesitate having them do that, too.

aa909 05-26-2017 06:46 AM

Thanks Guys! I'll give both recommendations a call and hopefully get this sorted out soon.

I'll circle back with an update on my repairs.

aa909 06-29-2017 07:31 PM

Thought I'd close the loop on this. So I replaced the clutch slave and used a power bleeder to bleed the slave cylinder... twice! And only moderate improvement... then we checked the clutch peddle, and it was sitting about an inch low and found that the nut behind the peddle had come loose and the rod had slowly worked its way down over the past several hundred miles. So the travel in the clutch peddle was short and I wasn't getting full disengagement of the clutch when I depressed the peddle.

I turned the rod until the peddle came back into proper position and now it shifts like butter! No clutch issues, no shifter issues, no hydraulic issues, just a freaking loose 13mm nut LOL!

Thought I'd share my experience as it may help others here.