Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Suggestions (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/suggestions/)
-   -   How do I (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/suggestions/109908-how-do-i.html)

strictlypersonl 03-31-2011 10:29 AM

How do I

get the forum administrators to add something to the posting FAQ?

Like requiring posters to have descriptive lines in their titles rather than nothing but a call for attention????? [/rant]

ERA Chas 03-31-2011 10:46 AM

Bob, your title needs further description.:eek:

computerworks 03-31-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strictlypersonl (Post 1119764)
get the forum administrators to add something to the posting FAQ?

Send the request to Brent

In the meanwhile, use the "Report a Post" button ( http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/imag...ons/report.gif ) to alert us Mods about a bad subject line ...and we will address it.

strictlypersonl 04-01-2011 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by computerworks (Post 1119770)
Send the request to Brent

In the meanwhile, use the "Report a Post" button ( http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/imag...ons/report.gif ) to alert us Mods about a bad subject line ...and we will address it.

But there is no "rule" that proscribes bad titles in the FAQ! (At least I couldn't find it.) How can the Admin scold someone for doing something that is apparently within the forum rules? (Some) People need to be guided to do the logical and courteous thing, unfortunately.

computerworks 04-01-2011 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strictlypersonl (Post 1119917)
But there is no "rule" that proscribes bad titles in the FAQ! (At least I couldn't find it.) How can the Admin scold someone for doing something that is apparently within the forum rules? (Some) People need to be guided to do the logical and courteous thing, unfortunately.

We have scolded people for more capricious actions than a bad title. :cool:

..plus we have the ability to make up rules as we need them.

It does work well... ;)

redmt 04-01-2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by computerworks (Post 1119927)

It does work well... ;)

If your doing new rules,,,,Mods shouldn't be allowed to use words I have to look up. What is "capricious" ?

CobraEd 04-01-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redmt (Post 1119951)
If your doing new rules,,,,Mods shouldn't be allowed to use words I have to look up. What is "capricious" ?

Means to be Capri like. Emulating the small import car from the eighties called a "Capri"

redmt 04-01-2011 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobraEd (Post 1119952)
Means to be Capri like. Emulating the small import car from the eighties called a "Capri"

My kid had one of those . He called it his Crappy Car.

392cobra 04-01-2011 07:25 AM

Capricious - The act of wearing Capri Pants.

I think you can get banned for that.

crASH 04-01-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redmt (Post 1119954)
My kid had one of those . He called it his Crappy Car.

I had a '76 Capri a long time ago when they were still made in Germany. V-6 with a four speed (even a Ghia trim package) . It was awesome. That must mean "CAPRIcious" is a GOOD thing. :3DSMILE:

strictlypersonl 04-01-2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by computerworks (Post 1119927)

It does work well... ;)

Not from my perspective. I've seen people who already have 100+ posts do it. And that's perfectly OK because it's not stated anywhere that it's not proper posting etiquette.

I moderate another (completely unrelated) board, and I not only notify the person, I change their title to conform. There, the posting rules are clear.

I guess I'm just a hard*ss about good titling. Bad titles are a waste of good bandwidth and members' time. :eek:

computerworks 04-01-2011 10:47 AM

...so, like I said, report the post you see as being mis-titled and it will be addressed.

CobraEd 04-01-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by computerworks (Post 1120016)
...so, like I said, report the post you see as being mis-titled and it will be addressed.

"ARE YOU DEAF ???"

Doug Neidermeyer / Animal House / 1978

FWB 04-01-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobraed (Post 1120019)
"are you deaf ???"

doug neidermeyer / animal house / 1978

huh?..............