Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Suggestions (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/suggestions/)
-   -   Auto Logoff is DaPits! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/suggestions/95181-auto-logoff-dapits.html)

LudicrousSpeed 03-03-2009 11:10 PM

Auto Logoff is DaPits!

I dont know where else to put this so...

to the Mods

Is there any way to turn off or extend the automatic logoff feature on this site? If you take more than a few minutes to compose a post, or have to walk away for a few before hitting the submit button, you get logged off & I've already lost some posts this way.

Truly HATE this feature.:mad:

wtm442 03-04-2009 02:56 PM

I could start to compose a post and leave it for a couple of hours. Then come back and hit "Submit Reply", and it would go thru.

The only web sites that I know that have auto-logoff are banks and financial institutions where your $$$ are viewable. Most of mine will log off in 10 to 15 minutes of inactivity.

DocDirk 03-04-2009 05:57 PM

I've noticed that if I'm away from the forum while logged on for more than a short while (never measured how long.....maybe 1/2 hr?) I'm logged out when I return, though still on the forum website. This doesn't particularly bother me, as I figure it reduces idle server utilization and might improve the site for those who are using it at the time:JEKYLHYDE

Gatorac 03-04-2009 06:36 PM

Started this reply at 9:01PM

I'll return later to complete it.

9:36 and I'm about to hit "submit reply"...

Gatorac 03-04-2009 06:38 PM

Have you checked the box "remember me" when you log on? Otherwise I would say it's your computer, not the site. No problems here.

Tim Brewer 03-04-2009 06:51 PM

Yes! It drives me crazy as well! Having to re-log on every single time. The remember me box doesn't do anything either.

Doug I 03-04-2009 07:38 PM

Strange

I've never been logged off by the server :confused:

Got the Bug 03-04-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Brewer (Post 926693)
Yes! It drives me crazy as well! Having to re-log on every single time. The remember me box doesn't do anything either.

Do you have computer set-up to accept cookies? If not, you'll probably need to log-in every time.

BTW - Never had any problem timing out on CC.

Ronbo 03-04-2009 09:37 PM

Yep, Cookies are the problem. If your running IE 7 it defaults to no cookies.

Just add clubcobra.com to your "trusted sites" list in IE 7 and leave the default settings alone, they do help with your browser security.;)

767Jockey 03-04-2009 09:44 PM

This sort of reminds me of a old aviation legend.......
In the aircraft maintenance logbook, the pilot writes up a discrepancy:
"Autoland system is giving VERY rough landings."

In the action taken section, the mechanic writes:
"Autoland not installed on this aircraft.":LOL: