Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/)
-   -   Oil leak investigation (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/107794-oil-leak-investigation.html)

mark_n2 12-02-2010 12:34 PM

I looked at the link for the braided line, if four feet enough?

zrayr 12-02-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_n2 (Post 1093659)
I looked at the link for the braided line, if four feet enough?

how long is the plastic or nylon line you are now using ?

Z.

mark_n2 12-02-2010 01:23 PM

I have not measured it, have not had an issue so have not given it much thought. But, this is one of those "things" that I will go ahead and purchase a braided replacment and when the opportunity presents itself this winter I will go ahead and replace the existing nylon line. I just thought that four feet seemed short.

mark_n2 12-02-2010 01:24 PM

Does the kit with the BAT fittings, or I need source separately

jhv48 12-02-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_n2 (Post 1093670)

They will supply all parts needed and attached. Ready for you to thread through the fire wall and screw to your gauge. You may need a standard fitting onto your block (supplied by most oil pressure gauge kits) if your current fitting is UK. BAT will know when you tell them your current setup. Tell them it is for a SPF and you wil be suplied with the correct length (6 ft.) and all fittings will be attached for you.

Got the Bug 12-03-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_n2 (Post 1093670)

Here's a link to the thread that I posted that details all of the parts you need. The assembled line comes with the correct British Standard pipe fitting. Also, the length of line is 6'.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...re+line&page=2

Voyager 12-23-2010 09:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Believe I have fixed the oil pressure gauge line oil leak.

See photo. Your terminology my differ.

Item “A” is pressure fitting bought from Ace Hardware. It consists of 3 separate pieces; a compression seat, a compression nut and a compression ring. The compression seat screws into the block, the compression nut screws onto the compression seat, and captures the compression ring in between.

Item “B” is original compression nut.

Item “C” is original compression ring . Notice the compression ring is rotated, pinching the hose and causing my oil leak.

Item “D” is Ace compression seat.

I cut the end of the hose off, slipped the Ace Hardware compression seat over the oil line, followed by the Ace compression ring, and tightened everything up. Torqued to “medium snug”

I did not use the Ace compression seat because it was a different size than the one in my block (thankfully it was not the source of the leak).

Puttered down the road and back. No leak. If it starts again, I’ll go the braided line route.

Now to fix the clutch slave, redo my coolant bypass and install my shoulder harness.

madmaxx 12-27-2010 06:57 AM

I hate to tell you but "b" is not an original spf connection, it is identicle to what you now have. Looks like I was wrong, the SOB is leaking again so I snugged up and still a leak. My compression fitting looks like your "B" after tightening.

I will be ordering the braided line. The good news is with the compression fitting it may weep but should never pull out like it could with the SPF push in fitting.

Sorry everyone!!