Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/)
-   -   Single window soft top (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/133505-single-window-soft-top.html)

Michael Everson 06-05-2015 02:46 AM

Single window soft top

Gone.

Blas 06-05-2015 06:03 AM

I'm wondering if it is in fact a Superformance top. Does it have 3 bows and a zip down rear window? I have never seen soft side windows ether. Last photo looks like a cover of some sort?

Michael Everson 06-05-2015 06:54 AM

I was told its an early top. They only had 2 bows and the single window.
Mike

66gtk 06-05-2015 11:35 AM

SPFs have a boot? My SPF has hard window curtains.

Blas 06-05-2015 06:18 PM

To my knowledge Superformance cars all had hard side curtains from the beginning. No place to put a boot cover on a Superformance. And I'm quite sure that the early tops were all vinyl material with 2 bows. Newest style tops are canvas with 3 bows and have 3 windows... Perhaps a photo of the other set side curtains, and bows will help.

UPDATE: All ref photos I have show ferrules in the doors for the side curtains on early cars. Still looking.

wkooiman 06-05-2015 09:02 PM

I am interested

I am interested if it fits my car - but only if it fits my car - and I'm not interested enough to spend $1200 to find out.

I hope that doesn't sound like I'm being a weenie. It's just that I have too many parts lying around that I can't use, and I certainly don't want to spend money to add more clutter.

I have a Contemporary Cobra, and my understanding is that the Superformance body was pulled from a Contemporary, so if it is for a Superformance, it should fit.

Open to suggestions...

Michael Everson 06-06-2015 03:39 AM

What if I sent it to you to try?
Mike

wkooiman 06-06-2015 08:03 AM

e-mail sent.

DWRAT 06-06-2015 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Everson (Post 1351373)
What if I sent it to you to try?
Mike

Wow, that is a great offer.
I hope it works out for you both.
Dan

wkooiman 06-06-2015 08:58 PM

Agreed. I never expected that, and hopefully it works out for the both of us.

Blas 06-08-2015 09:11 AM

Nice offer! Nothing like the "CC Family"
Update: Superformance has never offered a soft side curtain option. This has been confirmed.
Blas

hinoonaz 06-15-2015 07:30 AM

Out of curiosity, how much modification would it take to fit an early Mark I FFR. I would be interested if all else fails so to speak. Gary

Michael Everson 06-15-2015 07:42 AM

It will not clear the roll bar on a FFR.
mike

hinoonaz 06-15-2015 04:04 PM

Thanks for the info

hinoonaz 06-15-2015 04:08 PM

I put on dual roll bars with smaller diam tubing and is almost 3 inchs lower than FF roll bars if that helps. If it does not work out with wkooiman let me know.

wkooiman 06-15-2015 06:31 PM

FYI… I am still away for work. I will post results this weekend.