Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/)
-   -   289 MK II road test (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/141393-289-mk-ii-road-test.html)

Mark IV 09-02-2018 10:00 AM

289 MK II road test

2 Attachment(s)
Road testing a newly built Superformance 289 MK II that will be delivered soon. Princess Alice Blue metallic with red leather, a striking original color combo.

Powered by a 306 Windsor and TKO 600 .82 five speed.

https://www.facebook.com/TimeMachine...7860565604861/

Shame about the old fart driving...….:D

1985 CCX 09-02-2018 11:30 AM

YouTube so those WO Facebook can enjoy?

Mark IV 09-02-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985 CCX (Post 1450476)
YouTube so those WO Facebook can enjoy?

Loading as I type.

Mark IV 09-02-2018 01:24 PM

You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCPr...ature=youtu.be

xb-60 09-02-2018 05:45 PM

Very nice! Thanks for posting

edit: Is that an under-car exhaust, or side-exiting?

1795 09-02-2018 05:56 PM

Rick,

Looks and sounds nice. I recognize some of those roads and that ugly mug in the mirror :LOL: Nice car. See you in a few days at the Glen.

Jim

Mark IV 09-03-2018 03:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by xb-60 (Post 1450492)
Very nice! Thanks for posting

edit: Is that an under-car exhaust, or side-exiting?

Under car

Ron61 09-03-2018 05:09 AM

Very nice and thanks for posting the video. That is a nice looking Cobra and you will have a lot of fun driving it. Congratulations.

Ron

Sawdust 09-03-2018 06:41 AM

Rick
Awesome video, thanks for sharing. Say hello to the old fart driving for me!

1985 CCX 09-03-2018 10:51 AM

Rick
Thanks any walk around video?
Nice color combination

Mark IV 09-03-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985 CCX (Post 1450523)
Rick
Thanks any walk around video?

Will shoot some this week before it leaves.

Buzz 09-03-2018 12:03 PM

That is a really beautiful Cobra. Thanks for sharing.

Moto One 09-03-2018 04:45 PM

Very nice. Need I say more.

Mark

66gtk 09-04-2018 05:46 AM

Beautiful MKII

Blas 09-04-2018 06:51 AM

You rolled at least 3 stop signs?

Blas

Mark IV 09-04-2018 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blas (Post 1450568)
You rolled at least 3 stop signs?

Blas

They are only "suggestions":3DSMILE:

Ron61 09-04-2018 08:20 AM

That is what I told a CHP who stopped me for going 70 in a 65 zone back when I was young and he didn't buy it.

Ron :LOL:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark IV (Post 1450569)
They are only "suggestions":3DSMILE:

jon@harrison.ne 09-04-2018 11:07 AM

I am continually surprised when manufacturers build a beautiful car and then don't get the simplest details right. I guess it's because the customers don't care and they are selling all they can make. I am talking about things like: glove box lock way too low (this glove box door looks pretty good but some some are way off in size, shape , and location), no high beam indicator visible, totally wrong charge light, silly door hinge covers, too long a shift lever, no Lincoln overflow tank, wrong air cleaner, K code sticker on air cleaner,... Fortunately most will be easy to fix but it would cost no more to build it right. I love my slabside but if I wanted another I would get them to leave the dash out and I'd build my own like I've done before. Same for air cleaner and overflow tank.

Mark IV 09-04-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon@harrison.ne (Post 1450576)
I am continually surprised when manufacturers build a beautiful car and then don't get the simplest details right. I guess it's because the customers don't care and they are selling all they can make. I am talking about things like: glove box lock way too low (this glove box door looks pretty good but some some are way off in size, shape , and location), no high beam indicator visible, totally wrong charge light, silly door hinge covers, too long a shift lever, no Lincoln overflow tank, wrong air cleaner, K code sticker on air cleaner,... Fortunately most will be easy to fix but it would cost no more to build it right. I love my slabside but if I wanted another I would get them to leave the dash out and I'd build my own like I've done before. Same for air cleaner and overflow tank.

Jon,

Some of your points are well taken.

The Harrison tank was used on early cars before the McCord tank became available and that was the choice for this car (while the McCord tank looks like the Lincoln tank, it is very different and many of the replica cars we see have the Lincoln tank...I can pick it out easily but would never dis someone's car because of it). Likewise the AC type knobs as opposed to the US supplied knobs. The original type high beam indicator is another item that can be procured but at a large price increase. Many customers are not looking for that level of "authenticity" but want the basic 60's driving experience which the Superformance provides with the original type frame and suspension.

The "289 Hi-Po" sticker comes on the repop air cleaner and most customers like it. We can supply a 95% correct car with the correct alternator and plug, valve covers, etc. It is a matter of what the customer wants. And the "silly door hinge covers" are easily removable but a lot of customers like not knocking knees on the hinges.

jon@harrison.ne 09-04-2018 01:33 PM

Thanks for the info on the tank. Every original I have seen (half dozen or so) had a tank that looked exactly like the Lincoln. The high beam indicator ( the very small one on top, which was on a very early, 1940 I believe,Ford P/U) was repoped by at least two companies-Bob Drake and Dennis Carpenter and was very reasonable. They were available last time I checked. The one that's hard to find, and expensive I guess, is the charge indicator big light below the high beam light. I have a few that I've been saving if I ever build another. The correct air cleaner is from a Falcon Sprint, which did not have the sticker shown-it was on the Mustang K code. The Falcon cleaner was repoped for a while but I don't know if they are available now. The chrome top looks somewhat like the Mustang's but is not the same.