Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/)
-   -   Going to Sell (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/144360-going-sell.html)

tortuga 01-03-2021 11:31 AM

Going to Sell

Motor is being freshened up right now.

Car is chassis 1764
FRESHLY Rebuilt 427 ford racing motor, upgraded Z304P heads with Ti valves and retainers
ALL Cobra valley chassis upgrades short of spindles.
Oil Cooler thermostat
Acrylic Windshield
SS Side pipes
Upgraded Wilwood calipers all around (Dynapros vs dynalites)
Holley Fuel pump powered via relay
Narrow spare on knock off rim
Dream Car side view mirrors
Electric 270 degree temp gauges (smiths)
Adjustable passenger seat
Daytona Sensors programmable spark control, no springs or weights in distributor (locked out), adjustable distributor rotor.
Holley XP carb
Driveshaft shop upgraded half shafts, both rear bearings new.
16" OEM style split steering wheel
California SB100 registered
She is a sorted driver, with nicks here and there...

Thoughts on value?

patrickt 01-03-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tortuga (Post 1487313)

Thoughts on value?

Less than you think. :cool:

DWRAT 01-05-2021 04:53 PM

$40K give or take.

spdbrake 01-05-2021 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWRAT (Post 1487389)
$40K give or take.

LOL

Sounds strangely like postings in this thread....

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/supe...rformance.html

Alfa02 01-05-2021 08:57 PM

@spdbrake, Yea, let's not go down this Dirt Road again ;) TommyRot.

1ntCobra 01-06-2021 04:46 AM

Why not just list it on Bring A Trailer with a reserve and see what happens?

tortuga 01-06-2021 06:21 AM

Good idea

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ntCobra (Post 1487396)

Probably ought to just do that...know its just a nice kit car, but its sorted and everything works as it should. Honestly im just tired of the stigma...

Actually if 40k is all its worth ive done better with this car than any other hot car ive owned!

ERA 626 01-06-2021 11:46 AM

It kind of depends the quality of the build... A nicley built SPF can bring $65-70k, I have seen for even more... But realistically a small block SPF car will most likely bring mid $50s...

twobjshelbys 01-06-2021 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ntCobra (Post 1487396)

Or on cobra country

R&B back 01-09-2021 03:10 PM

Quote:

Honestly im just tired of the stigma..
Hi Tortuga, I am curious, what did you mean by this?

34fords 01-09-2021 03:14 PM

I am curious about the stigma also. I am looking for a Superformance and I don't want a bad stigma.
Have you come up with a price yet?

patrickt 01-09-2021 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 34fords (Post 1487512)
I am curious about the stigma also. I am looking for a Superformance and I don't want a bad stigma.

If you want good stigma you have to go with KMS/CSX/ERA all others have bad stigma.:cool:

spf645 01-09-2021 06:15 PM

From for sale to opinions now. Best stigma, no roll bar. Good, 1 bar. Bad, 2 bars. 👍

Sawdust 01-10-2021 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 34fords (Post 1487512)

There is a Superformance in the “For Sale” section. Asking $54k

olddog 01-12-2021 07:08 AM

Personally I am always suspicious of "the engine was just freshened up" stories. I would much prefer doing that myself or at the shop of my choice. Since that ship has already sailed, I recommend lots of pictures and videos of the engine as it's torn down and as it's built. Data sheets from the builder all would ease my mind.

I agree 50kish sounds reasonable.