Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/)
-   -   Looking at a Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/145065-looking-superformance.html)

ddx77 08-03-2021 04:20 PM

Looking at a Superformance

Hello,

I am looking at a Superformance Cobra, and was curious if there are any important questions to ask. Not my first Cobra but my first Superformance.

A build sheet was first on my list.

Thanks in advance,

Drew

twobjshelbys 08-03-2021 04:31 PM

For general Cobra and Superformance questions, look through the subforum topics and read. It'll answer lots of questions you have and maybe make you think of others. But trust me, use SEARCH first. This place has been at it for a long time so almost every question that can be asked has already been asked.

That said, many of the questions can't be answered here, and are part of the car itself. What generation SPF is it? Ie, when manufactured? They've made changes over the years. What engine, and who installed it?

Some questions can only be answered by seeing the car in person. The primary one is "will I fit". Remember, you do not get in an out of a Cobra, you put it on - wear it. Sitting in the car is the only way to know if you'll fit in the cockpit. The one aspect that got me was that in the SPF car I "tried on", with the seat adjusted for pedals, the steering wheel hit my lap. There's nothing to compare to seeing the car in person!

ddx77 08-03-2021 04:54 PM

Okay thank you for the response, I will run a search.

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1495560)
For general Cobra and Superformance questions, look through the subforum topics and read. It'll answer lots of questions you have and maybe make you think of others. But trust me, use SEARCH first. This place has been at it for a long time so almost every question that can be asked has already been asked.

That said, many of the questions can't be answered here, and are part of the car itself. What generation SPF is it? Ie, when manufactured? They've made changes over the years. What engine, and who installed it?

Some questions can only be answered by seeing the car in person. The primary one is "will I fit". Remember, you do not get in an out of a Cobra, you put it on - wear it. Sitting in the car is the only way to know if you'll fit in the cockpit. The one aspect that got me was that in the SPF car I "tried on", with the seat adjusted for pedals, the steering wheel hit my lap. There's nothing to compare to seeing the car in person!

Mark IV 08-03-2021 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1495560)

The steering wheel can be adjusted up and down with the "lollipop" behind the dash.

jeffgrice 08-08-2021 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddx77 (Post 1495559)
Hello,

I am looking at a Superformance Cobra, and was curious if there are any important questions to ask. Not my first Cobra but my first Superformance.

A build sheet was first on my list.

Thanks in advance,

Drew

Hi Drew,

I am happy to help you!

Jeff@nostalgicmotoring.com | 586.489.5990

nostalgicmotoring.com