Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/)
-   -   What's Up With The Second Strike Website (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/79616-whats-up-second-strike-website.html)

Threebrand 06-09-2007 09:24 AM

What's Up With The Second Strike Website

Last update in December 06. Has it gone dead?

JCoop 06-11-2007 03:51 AM

I think it's been dead a while.

Tony Aprile 06-11-2007 05:55 AM

Does Superformance help support Mike Stenhouse and his efforts ???

Flyin_Freddie 07-02-2007 11:27 AM

No...not to my knowledge. Why they don't is beyond me...there's no single source of information for their replicars, events, and news about thier products. Dealers have some information...but it depends on the particular Dealer. SCOF (Superformance Cobra Owners Forum) provides a way for owners to share information, service and performance tips, as well as cameraderie beyween owners. But, SCOF information - although most often accurate - is "officially unofficial" information....and you must already be a car owner to become a member.

It's a sad state of affairs when a company as large as Hi-Tech and Superformance is doesn't have an official website that's kept up-to-date and current. There's so much information that could be included in their website...car inventories, FAQs, car availability, technical information, event schedules, etc.

I thought it might get better when Lance Stander purchased the Superformance distributorship for all of the U.S. But, alas, it hasn't...it's even gotten worse. ...and I'm a very pleased Superformance owner for almost seven years now... !

RedBarchetta 07-02-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyin_Freddie
I thought it might get better when Lance Stander purchased the Superformance distributorship for all of the U.S. But, alas, it hasn't...it's even gotten worse. ...and I'm a very pleased Superformance owner for almost seven years now... !

Freddie, while I agree with some of your comments, I respectfully disagree with the latter. True, it's not where it should be, but at least you can now go to the Hillbank site and get a detailed parts list with prices (many which are reasonable, while a few make the local Corvette parts counter look like a bargain). That simply did not exist 2 years ago.

You just have to wade through all the Roush Mustang stuff to get to it (which might be the focal point of Lance's business model, with more volume and money to be made there and less on each SPF sale). This is especially true given the fact that the dollar is getting hammered against all currencies, including the South African rand where our beloved little cars are built. I'd be surprised after sales commissions, etc. if Lance is even making any "real" money on each sale?

-Dean #747