Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Tech Tips (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/tech-tips/)
-   -   Lucas - Prince of Darkness (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/tech-tips/140880-lucas-prince-darkness.html)

spdbrake 05-05-2018 06:09 AM

Lucas - Prince of Darkness

I figured this was a fitting place for these.

Lucas - Prince of Darkness - Lucas Electrical Humor Jokes

And for those who ever tried to use a Haynes manual.

Do it by the book - the real meaning of Haynes instructions

Ron61 05-05-2018 06:17 AM

Those are good ones.

Ron

CSX 4133 05-05-2018 08:44 AM

An oldie but a goodie....... you know why the Brit's drink warm beer? Their refrigerators have Lucas electrics.

Alfa02 05-06-2018 05:37 AM

For a few years, while I was off my Meds :) I owned a 67 Cooper S, and a 68 XKE, and YES the Prince was alive & well in both car's ;) A good friend owned a 65 Morgan plus4, as we were driving across the Narrows Bridge (Tacoma) we heard a funny tinking noise from the rear end, upon stopping both taillights were off the body, and Lucas wires were the only thing keeping them with the car, after that, he made a bumper sticker, that said "The Finest British Parts are Falling Off This Car"

sllib 05-06-2018 06:36 AM

Years ago I clicked on a Lucas link; it took me to a completely black screen. Brought back old memories.

byronpete21 05-06-2018 03:07 PM

Very entertaining, thank you for posting

Byron

xb-60 05-07-2018 02:52 AM

Happy to say I'm using Lucas gauges in my Cobra build. Nobody makes better looking gauges in my opinion. I even managed to source a correct spec (and almost unobtainium) 30 to 110 deg C water temp gauge for my Cobra.
I had Smiths gauges in a British car back in the '70s, and put a few extras in there too, and never once had a problem (could live to regret that assertion :D)

Cheers,
Glen

xb-60 05-07-2018 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa02 (Post 1443861)
For a few years, while I was off my Meds :) I owned a 67 Cooper S, and a 68 XKE, and YES the Prince was alive & well in both car's ;) A good friend owned a 65 Morgan plus4, as we were driving across the Narrows Bridge (Tacoma) we heard a funny tinking noise from the rear end, upon stopping both taillights were off the body, and Lucas wires were the only thing keeping them with the car, after that, he made a bumper sticker, that said "The Finest British Parts are Falling Off This Car"

I'm trying to think of a joke about bits falling of the bridge as well, but that would only have been appropriate quite a few years before you were driving across the bridge :D

Cheers,
Glen

Alfa02 05-07-2018 03:06 AM

OMG Glen, now you done it, just mentioning the "Prince" out in the open, is enough to bring his wrath on. may the luck be with you :), Cheers Tom. P.S. Everything good with you??

xb-60 05-07-2018 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa02 (Post 1443938)
OMG Glen, now you done it, just mentioning the "Prince" out in the open, is enough to bring his wrath on. may the luck be with you :), Cheers Tom. P.S. Everything good with you??

Hi Tom,

The Prince and I have understood each other over a long period of time. There might be challenges, but the benefits outweigh the 'negative excitement'.
Yes all good. No progress on FIA for a little while. Had minor medical 'quiet time', and then a nice holiday in the land of Alfas, and then getting over travel 'exhaustion'. Checked on the baby out in the garage earlier today, and he's still there, waiting.

Cheers,
Glen

Mark IV 05-07-2018 09:14 AM

"Lucas....home before dark!"