Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Tech Tips (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/tech-tips/)
-   -   Original Style Front & Rear Uprights (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/tech-tips/142482-original-style-front-rear-uprights.html)

dave3b 06-20-2019 07:09 AM

Original Style Front & Rear Uprights

I'm looking for Front & Rear Uprights for a 427 Cobra project. I would like to get the original pattern Front & Rear Uprights as well as Suspension Arms. Who supplies these now?What would the approximate cost be for 4 corners?

MAStuart 06-20-2019 11:57 AM

I think the 4 corners with original type brakes will cost at least...…………… half as much as a complete Factory Five Racing mark IV kit. Now throw in an original type rear end and half shafts and you will be at about the same cost as the complete kit.

LMH 06-20-2019 01:01 PM

Mine are for a leaf spring car, so I don't know how that compares to 427 but cost for the front uprights, spindles and hubs was about $4000. That doesn't include calipers, rotors, A-arms or ball joints.
I haven't purchased the rear yet but I'm about to.

Larry

Tjd 06-20-2019 04:10 PM

Just finishing up a complete Rolling chassis with suspension no shocks
Just put wheels on it and you can roll it on trailer
Wilwood pro spindles in Front, fabricated rear uprights with C3 Corvette spindles
Can use C3 or original Diff
Will follow up with pictures
Tom

Tjd 06-20-2019 05:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
There are some pictures of the suspension parts and the C3 conversion to fit the original chassis
I’m sure there questions so just ask
Tom

krausewich 06-21-2019 06:15 PM

TJD... Great looking stuff! Based off original drawings? Did you use standard or dropped spindles in the front?

Great alternative option!!

Mike

dave3b 06-22-2019 10:39 AM

Tdj
Where did you the front and rear suspension arms from?

Tjd 06-22-2019 10:55 AM

I manufactured them I started high-tech in Arizona in 1980 Sold it went to Shelby in 95 did the 4,7and8000 CSX cars retired in 2012
Tom

1985 CCX 06-23-2019 10:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Like this?
Not for faint of heart $$$$$$
More than FFR entire kit

ERA 626 06-23-2019 02:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Like these?

Tjd 06-23-2019 05:14 PM

You’re comparing apples to oranges there’s no question that for the bang for the buck you cannot beat a factory five if you want to build a cobra for around 20K
factory five is the way to go but if you want something as close to the original as possible
Look at the red car that was just completed by cobrakiwi
I’ve been involved with the cobra replica business since 1980 and I’ve seen just about everything from a piece of crap with a $20,000 paint job to well built and safe really nice car that a guy painted in his Garage.
It all depends on what you want to spend and what you can afford to spend to be happy
I do not think I offended anybody what I just said and if I did I apologize my personal opinion and not trying to kiss anybody’s ass.
All the parts that I make are interchangeable with a original CSX car
Kirkam makes jewelry and very expensive. ERA makes a excellent car.
I dictate to my iPhone so if anything seems off it’s the phones fault
Tom

2020 GT500 CFTP 04-09-2022 09:37 PM

Deleted.
Mark

Rod Young 02-20-2024 10:05 PM

I'd like to make a set too. I'm presently building a frame and am hung up on suspension designs.

1985 CCX 02-21-2024 04:44 PM

Craig Combe
Has what you need.

Avoid NH for parts ..... conman