Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club Event (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club-event/)
-   -   Looking to try it out (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club-event/111955-looking-try-out.html)

KrackShotKarl 08-02-2011 10:20 AM

Looking to try it out

Cobra owners, I am in the market for a kit, and really the only thing that is holding me back from purchasing my kit (besides being in Germany for another year and a half) is my height, at 6'4 I barely fit in the ERA that I recently sat in which worries me, If anyone is in the San Antonio area next week and has a Cobra that could fit a man my stature, I would greatly appreciate being able to just sit in it and see if this is truly that way I am going to go for a project car. I also wouldnt mind to get anyone ones input on how you solved this problem or possibles ways to go about it. Thanks for your time!

gsharapa 08-02-2011 10:54 AM

You would probably fit in a Superformance with some foam out of the seat and the seat tilted back. Forgot a CSX, Kirkham or ERA as they are tight to start with unless you have it built specifically for your height.....

davecobra 08-06-2011 10:55 AM

I would look at a Lonestar as it has a longer wheelbase.
David

G-Pete 08-07-2011 10:31 AM

It all depends what engine do you use. If you use a modular, it is a little trickier to modify the driver side foot box.
If you buy a kit, everything is exposed and the modification is not that hard. Even with 6'4" you add only 3 inches...

BIGDADDYFROG 09-27-2011 02:25 PM

Hey Karl I feel your pain. Well I used to. I as well as you are 6'4" 215# size 11 shoe. I tried to fit in many cobra's with no sucess. I finally bought a Hurricane and was garrunteed that I would fit. Those guys know their stuff. I fit in it better than a corvette and most sports cars and have put over 5000 miles on it in the past two years. Hurricane Motorsports is the Replica for you
E mail me back and I can send you pics of me fitting in the car if you dont belive me.curole1@slb.com
Bigdaddyfrog

Buzz 09-27-2011 03:11 PM

Firstly, how much priority do you place on a correct (ie: authentic to the original) appearance, dimensions and stance? If not very much, there are a number of manufacturers that have stretched and bulged the shape to varying degrees that may or may not make a big difference in cockpit space. Backdraft and Lonestar among others fall into this category.

If you want a Cobra that maintains the authentic outward appearance, most of the major manufacturers - Kirkham, ERA, Unique Motorcars, Hurricane, FFR (MKIV model), etc - will build you a car to suit your height. They've all done it before and have the required mods down to a science.

Pick a manufacturer you like and give them a call. You can have it any way you want it. No need to settle for a less desirable car because of your height. :)

xcarguy 12-26-2011 07:58 PM

Try Backdraft Racing.

jayscobras 12-26-2011 09:09 PM

Doesn't anyone look at post dates and member post counts anymore.

Jay

mrmustang 12-27-2011 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayscobras (Post 1167404)

Jay

Nope :rolleyes:

FUNFER2 12-27-2011 07:51 AM

I agree. While you're in Texas, look at the Lonestar Classic's. It's stretched 4" in the cockpit. I'm 5' 9" and can't touch the firewall.

Contact Brian.

Website-
Lone Star Classics - Kit Car Replicas.

Contact Us:
Local # (817) 439.5721
Fax # (866) 941.5306
Toll-Free (877) LSC-CARS or 572-2277
Email: brian@lonestarclassics.com

mreid 12-27-2011 10:46 AM

Man! Let's see, in 10 posts we have a "Low post count excitement that doesn't return", two "thread resurrections", a "first post advertisement", and a "didn't read the whole thread". If we could just get a small block/big block, carb/EFI, or my brand's better than your brand debate going, this thread would be awesome!!!

392cobra 12-27-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayscobras (Post 1167404)

Jay

Guess not.

Happy (3 days late:rolleyes:) Birthday Jay.:cool:

patrickt 12-27-2011 11:41 AM

In Summary...

Well let me just sum this up... Small Blocks in an SC suck, the excuse of "I built it my way and it pleases me" is just a half-ass excuse for not meeting expectations with an FE, any car but a Kirkham, ERA, or CSX is just a piece of crap, hydraulic cams are for wusses, anyone who is against the Keystone Oil Pipeline is a moron, fuel injected Cobras are basically garbage, and I'm sick and tired of the 99% -- they can basically kiss my ass. Yeah, that should do it.:cool:

mreid 12-27-2011 12:14 PM

I can't believe that I'm going to actually agree with you...