Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   One week away!!!! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/10701-one-week-away.html)

renaissance man 09-01-2001 08:17 AM

One week away!!!!

Hey Folks,

Thought I'd share a pic or two of my car. I'll have it on the road in about a week. Have a little more buffing to do and installation of hood pins and such. She's Ferrari, "Rosso Corsa" Red with Ferrari Yellow on the Left Front Wheel Well. White stripes are "Ford Performance White". Got my insurance yesterday!!!!!!! After 5 years and 9 months (but who's counting) !

Regards,

Ren Man

renaissance man 09-01-2001 08:18 AM

More Pics

Guess I'll have to post these one at a time. Can't figure how to get all three on at once.

Ren Man

renaissance man 09-01-2001 08:18 AM

One More Pic

Here we go again...

Ren Man

Okiesnake 09-01-2001 08:47 PM

Congradulations!

You did a great job! The red and white interior looks good and is different from the norm. My seats are black and heat up if the car is left out in the sun. You engine compartment looks well finished too. Get ready to be noticed!
Trent Dockstetter (Okiesnake)

jrussell 09-02-2001 06:27 AM

Oh, Yeah- That's ONE NICE RIDE!!

Ren,
I can't believe how nice your car has turned out... on second thought, YES I CAN!
Boy, it is really beautiful, & that YELLOW drivers stripe sure sets the car off. The Austin group just keeps getting better & better. David, you might want to consider coming up to our area with Stretch for our SCAT club Shelby Nationals October 5,6,& 7th at Motorsport Ranch. We will have two days of track time & a car show on Sunday, & it is an absolute blast!! You can learn how to drive that baby around the track- in a controlled situation- no passing or fear of any contact, which is EXTREMELY beneficial, because these cars are ALL overpowered, and can get away from you in a heartbeat!! You can go at your own pace, & all you need is a helmet & a catchcan to keep any radiator overflow off the track, & you are good to go. There will be a bunch of us there, so just keep it in mind- lots of fun & bang for the buck- & the drive up would really be good break-in miles for your engine.
Your car really looks fine, & congratulations for a job well done!!
John Russell:D

Naja 09-03-2001 08:07 AM

Congrats!

Dave -
Been watching your posts with interest. I have been progressing at about the same rate as you. Some of your posts posed similar questions that I have had. I'm sure you are as appreciative of helps from TCC and Club Cobra members as I am, and so many others.
Mine is running and driveable, but about a week away from mechanical completion, then on to the paint shops for 2 months. I will not be titling or insuring it until October, so any driving will only be done between garages and trailer. Sounds mighty fine, though.
Hope to see you and the others around the State (and the country) beginning next Spring.
Again, congrats - looks GRAND!!!
Regards,
Frank Newman (Naja)
Houston

renaissance man 09-03-2001 10:44 AM

Thanks to all.

Thanks for all the kind words and lending hands to everyone who helped me through the years. Especially Bobby Fullen, to whom without his help I'd have taken another 6 years!

See you in a week or two!!!!

Regards,

Ren Man:3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE:

SilverCobra 09-03-2001 06:28 PM

David - Congrats on the car and the Ferrari Red looks awesome. I changed your profile on the TCC website and dropped the "building" prefix. Also added the pics to the web site. See ya soon - great job.

renaissance man 09-07-2001 06:18 PM

I'm now officially titled and registered as a 1966 Cobra! Next weekend I'm cruisin!!!!!!!!