10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 02-08-2011, 10:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #968 / Genesis 427 Aluminum S/O
Not Ranked     

To help out with numbers, I have contacted some of my brethren from CVAR again to participate in the advanced group. I presently have 5 cars (including myself) very interested for track time, but more important donating to the cause. I believe everyone last year enjoyed watching Roy in his Blue GT350 schooling the rest of us.

Quite a few of the guys that race are either active duty or veterans. We have donated our time and equipment for different charitable events, so what ever is requested by OC, we'll help out. One of the guys said if these soldiers are active duty and participating in OC, he'd bet his bottom dollar they will not be allowed in the cars.

Also, if I understand the schedule, we run from 1:00 to 6:00. 3 groups at 20 minute sessions, that's 5 runs. (Beware you novice guys, you'll be tired........ everyone will be tired) Jay N. organized the sessions quite efficiently last year, and I'm hoping for the same this year. Time is precious, so if you want photo parade laps, PLEASE keep it within the first scheduled novice group or even before the event starts (12:00 noon). The intermediate guys get pretty cranky if you short their time. Someone was shooting photo's last year w/o photo parade laps and did a damn good job. I believe the best photo op's are during each session.

Also, don't forget that someone always breaks down or goes off. So the track has to go cold for clean up or tow in. Again, time is precious.
SPF #968 w/ Genesis Aluminum 427 S/O
CVAR vintage racer: 1965 Mustang Fastback w/ HP 302

Last edited by LuvDaBlues; 02-09-2011 at 05:41 AM..
Old 02-09-2011, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     
Default video and pictures from 2010

My video and pictures from 2010:

http://clubcobra.com/forums/showthre...54#post1040754

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #621, Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     
Default Houston Group Track day

Last year only 3 from the Houston group did the track day experience. Not sure how many are doing it this year however we'll discuss at our monthly meeting on Saturday. Never the less, the Houston Cobra Club is committed to support. Thanks again to John for organizing this>>>
Old 02-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports; KC408w: 546HP/ 553TQ
Not Ranked     

Dear all,

I am glad to see this post getting so much action, and glad to see the track participation ticking up. It is for a good cause, and sponsorships are beginning to roll in.

The photo op for non-track participants is a NO-GO.

There are noise issues with the cobras and we have decided that the track cannot go hot with anyone from our group before 1:00pm, so as to not upset the neighbors. There is also the matter of liability waivers for anyone going onto the track.

Thank you Bill and Paul for your well wishes and understanding last night when we spoke on the telephone. As time draws nearer, we will have to give Doug Pawlak a heads up on how many will be at the track, how many will be cruising, and where they will be cruising so that Doug can make decisions on his photo-vantage points.

Local cruising intel for Doug might be best discussed with someone who frequents the Hill Country, knows the routes, and road conditions.

PS... I have some pictures of Gregg H exiting the pits last year at parade lap speed and it looked like he was parked

To the contrary, anyone wanting to get their picture taken in a body-rolling-stance such as this (right before Tony Jacobs passed me) should lay down their $150, fill out the web-forms, attend the driver's meeting, and spend the day with us. (Courtesy CafePhoto Doug Pawlak)

Old 02-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Pleased to announce another sponsor...

Please join me in welcoming Royal Purple and North Texas Lubricants as another valuable sponsor to our track day and charity auction to benefit our wounded warriors. Thank you Wiley !

Also, thank you Bwana Snake for the website photos. Look close and you will see track picts of bwana, JRoss, and mtpockets.

While you are there, see the recently added Texas Cobra Meet 2011 Track Participant Windshield Decal.

Last edited by jshel1; 02-10-2011 at 06:42 PM..
Old 02-15-2011, 05:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A hearty thank you goes out to VWR International for donation of auction items, as well as goodie bag items for all state meet registrants.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

B2 Motorsports and Meguiars Car Care have sent along their tidings and are the newest sponsors added to the website.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

Hey John & company--

Still have some spots open? It was really good to see a bunch of my old TCC pals last year, and I'm trying to rearrange my schedule so I can do this DE again this year. I have the clutch fixed on my Lister, so even though I wouldn't be driving a Cobra it at least won't be that red Corvette again

Bob
Old 02-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bring it on, Bob. I hope you can arrange your schedule, and I look forward to seeing you again.

As the man said in the promo: first come, first serve.

Last edited by jshel1; 02-17-2011 at 03:19 PM..
Old 02-19-2011, 08:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

All join in welcoming C&S Performance/Quik-Latch as sponsors for the 2011 Track Day at Harris Hill.

Never tracked your car ?
This is a perfect low pressure venue for you to experience it the first time, among friends and fellow students

Don't have a helmet ?
Harris Hill has about dozen loaners
Old 02-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I hope you all will join me in sending a big thank you to Valero Energy for their generous donation to Operation Comfort.

See the list of all sponsors here.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: looking to buy
Not Ranked     

Please reply with information on this event. Sounds like a good time.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BackDraft, Keith Craft 408; 1967 GT500CR
Not Ranked     

Per our conversation John, I'm registered and ready for track day. Thanks for all your hard work,see you down there!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

I just paid and submitted my enrollment form. John, thanks for putting this together again this year. I'm looking forward to seeing you, Jay, Mr. Whatshisname, and the rest of the gang again.

Any idea on the schedule? FWIW, I thought last year's was pretty spot-on. It was great to get in some quality track (and social) time and be done before the Friday afternoon IH35 traffic got too ridiculous.

Oh, one other question...how come the slide show on the TCC "Track Day Event" website doesn't have any pics of the 'Vette I drove last year? It's almost like you guys are pretending it wasn't there
Old 02-24-2011, 04:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

So Bob,

Still have the Vette or something new you bringing?
Old 02-24-2011, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Gary!

I'm bringing my Lister (see my avatar). I intended to run it last year but realized the clutch was bad when I went to load it on the trailer a couple of days before the TCC event.

Still not Ford-powered but at least it's a replica. Hope to see you there.

Last edited by snakeeyes; 02-24-2011 at 05:57 PM..
Old 02-24-2011, 07:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Default aaaah Bob

We don't care what you drive, it''l be good to see ya. Glad you are coming back. Can't wait to black flag you

See ya soon

Jay

Run & Gun participant 1998-2005
Old 02-24-2011, 07:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayscobras View Post
We don't care what you drive, it''l be good to see ya. Glad you are coming back. Can't wait to black flag you

See ya soon

Jay
It is an honor, sir, to be black-flagged by you.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dear All,

I am still busy pounding the pavement for sponsorships, auction/raffle items, etc.

I am working up a FAQ page to spell out all details of our day, and answer all questions. I will make mention that H2R has resurfaced a few key areas of the track. Also, I am hopeful for a surprise or two still in the planning stages.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Folks,

If you're thinking about doing this track event but are on the fence because a)You've never been on a racetrack; b)You don't want to scratch your pride and joy; c)You don't know how a track day works; or d)All of the above...

...I can't urge you strongly enough to sign up and give it a shot. Not only have John, Jay, and other TCC members worked hard to make this an enjoyable event, it's for a GREAT cause. You won't find a more laid-back group of people with which to do a track event. I've run my replica at a whole bunch of track days where mine was the only kit at the track, and it can get interesting explaining to a tech inspector who's used to looking at stock Porsches and Corvettes why your car has Chevy brake rotors, the master cylinder from an MG, and a Jaguar rear end with custom half-shafts. You won't find that here; Jay is a kit car fanatic who understands all of that and just wants to make sure what you've got is safe for the track. Beyond that, the pace is very relaxed and there are run groups to accommodate all skill and experience levels, from someone who's never run their snake in anything more involved than a stoplight grand prix to seasoned competitors. No matter how inexperienced you may be, these cars are patterned after vehicles that were designed, engineered, and built for one reason: to compete against the world's best and kick everyone's ass. Don't you want to see what they're like in the environment they were designed for? Don't you want to be able to say you've tracked your car? Having a Cobra and only every driving it on the street is like owning a Gulfstream jet and then running it up and down the taxiways at the airport.

If you're thinking about doing this but haven't registered, spring for the $150 and come have fun. Harrus Hill is a wonderful little track, it's literally about 15 minutes from anywhere in San Marcos, and you'll probably learn more about your car in 10 laps than you will in several years of street driving. They say that racing improves the breed; my Lister is immensely faster, easier to drive, and more reliable due to the time I've spent on the track. Where else can you run your car at full throttle for an entire day and not have to worry one bit about the police?

Come on, now, just do it!