Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   New member looking for good engine mech in DFW (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/135787-new-member-looking-good-engine-mech-dfw.html)

Rivdog 02-05-2016 08:39 PM

New member looking for good engine mech in DFW

Friends,
I just moved to TX last year and recently picked up a FF MK3. Engine is a rebuilt '71 Thunderjet with ~2k miles on it. Looking for a good mechanic in the DFW area. I live in Southlake. Thanks!

gthompson 02-06-2016 08:23 PM

Jerry has rebuilt 2 engines and fixed many other issues in my Cobra's
He does a great job. He works on all of Sam Packs (Five Star Ford) collector cars
He will come to your place and work on the car. He is very inexpensive
His number is (214) 478-5677

Rivdog 02-07-2016 09:01 AM

Thanks gthompson! I'll call Jerry tomorrow. Sincerely appreciate the recommendation.

Texasdoc 02-08-2016 10:07 AM

Rivdog, there are lots of us "West Side" guys in the area. Glad to have you nearby. We frequently attend the Dallas side events but will also have some events on our side of the Metroplex. Coral Cobra on this site keeps a list of who's who and usually helps plan events. You can also watch this site, the Texas Cobra Club Facebook page, and the West Side Cobra Club Facebook page.

You REALLY need to go to the Texas Cobra Club spring meet in San Marcos late March/early April. Check out texascobrameet.com

Glad to have you around.

Tom

Rivdog 02-09-2016 07:15 AM

Tom - thanks for the response. I'll start watching the FB pages. YEs, I hear the spring meet up is a blast. Need to make one of those real soon. I also understand there are Cobra meet ups in Plano during the spring/ summer but haven't made those yet.
Al

D Dubya 02-11-2016 12:05 PM

Welcome Rivdog. Ask to join the Texas Cobra Club FB page and we will approve you. The DFW group meets first Saturday of every month. We get together a lot more than that but it is our set meeting. If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call.
Don Wallace 469-867-1160

Rivdog 02-13-2016 10:28 AM

Don,
I entered a visitor post on FB but not clear how I request access?
How do I find out more about Sat meet ups? Al 646 261-9501