Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   Rear Suspension (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/137085-rear-suspension.html)

Axel 427 08-24-2016 02:58 PM

Rear Suspension

I noticed the rear passenger side is about an inch higher than the driver side.
I tried adjusting the washer nut over the springs. No help.Bought new shocks......didnt help!!!! I gone back and forth jacking the car up, taking wheels off, making adjustments, putting wheels back on , driving the car to make everything settle,same ****tin results. I'm through dicking with this. Does anybody have suggestions or know where I can get my suspension checked and a 4 wheel alignment in the DFW area? Dang, this is frustrating.

Vance
(I,m not a fat ass so we can take that out of the equation)

spdbrake 08-24-2016 03:21 PM

If your out of threads on the spring seat adjusters these will help. Sold in various thicknesses.
E30/E36 Rear Spring Pad

Sorry on the shop insight, Although I'm the DFW area as well haven't had a need for one yet. Would be nice to find a good alignment shop though.

Dwight 08-24-2016 07:30 PM

are you taking a measurement from the body to the floor or from the frame to the floor?

Most if not all fiberglass Cobra body are not symmetrical.

CHANMADD 08-24-2016 07:52 PM

Try adjustable sway bar links....you can tweek them a little to get it level...

GaryT 08-25-2016 06:01 AM

I had Texas Track Works in Fort Worth do my 4 wheel alignment and corner balance which included the ride height adjustment. Very knowledgeable and let me watch everything they did.

G-Pete 08-25-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight (Post 1401508)
are you taking a measurement from the body to the floor or from the frame to the floor?
Most if not all fiberglass Cobra body are not symmetrical.

Second to that!

Grey 65 08-25-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axel 427 (Post 1401490)
I noticed the rear passenger side is about an inch higher than the driver side.
I tried adjusting the washer nut over the springs. No help.Bought new shocks......didnt help!!!! I gone back and forth jacking the car up, taking wheels off, making adjustments, putting wheels back on , driving the car to make everything settle,same ****tin results. I'm through dicking with this. Does anybody have suggestions or know where I can get my suspension checked and a 4 wheel alignment in the DFW area? Dang, this is frustrating.

Vance
(I,m not a fat ass so we can take that out of the equation)

Changing shocks and swaybars will not change the ride height unless they are air shocks. You have to turn the rear jacking screw a LOT to correct a 1" difference.

Your rake should be set to 0.5".. set front height to where you want it and then. Measure from frame rails near the front of the exhaust and again at the rear where the exhaust ends. Make the rear 0.5" taller than the front. Do this prior to bringing to Texas Track Works. They will then set your corner weights and align your car. The 0.5" measurement is crucial to keeping the rear end from wanting to pass the front end.

Kevin

BillM 08-25-2016 02:04 PM

Does anyone know of a place near San Antonio that can check the front and rear alignment on my LS427?

Axel 427 08-25-2016 02:38 PM

OK..... thanks for the reply's . I'll be making an appointment with Texas Track Works.