Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   Cowboys/Shelby STAR Event (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/141323-cowboys-shelby-star-event.html)

gsharapa 08-16-2018 11:35 AM

Cowboys/Shelby STAR Event

Jeff Sol from SCAT is working on a Cowboys/Shelby Car display at the Cowboys STAR in Frisco from 10am to 2pm on Saturday - October 27th and has 50 spots with 15 to 20 spots for Texas Cobra DFW group so who's interested in attending this? If you responded on the Texas Cobra Club DFW Facebook page no need to respond here. So far I have as of today 8 16 2018;

Here is the list as of October 16th for people bringing cars!

1. Gary Sharapata
2. James Baldwin
3. John Ross
4. Sam Watson
5. Brian Byrd
8. Chris Byrd
7. David Cheever
8. Mike Reynolds
9. Jim Moore
10. Brad Smith
11. Tom (Texasdoc)
12. Noble6575
13. RedHawk
14. Michael Hammack
15. George Thompson
16. Terrence Brown
17. Teiichi Sakurai
18. John Aceves
19. Rick Bickle

Oct 27 Cars at the Star 10am-2pm update:
1. This is an outdoor show which means weather permitting. If we need to cancel due to rain, it will be posted on Facebook and you will be notified by email•
2. Parking Volunteers need to be at the Star by 815am. Please wear your yellow “pit crew” tee shirts and badges
3. Parking for participants is from 830am – 930am but I'd be there around 8:30-8:45am. The lot will close promptly, so we can accommodate the spectators.
4. The entrance for the show cars will be at Cowboys Way and Gaylord Parkway
5. You need to stay for entire show which is 10am – 2pm
6. There is a “trunk or treat” scheduled. Please bring candy to be passed out to the attendees. A suggestion is to avoid chocolate, especially if it is a warm day
7. As of Oct 23rd we have two spots still available?

gthompson 08-16-2018 07:56 PM

Jeff Sol from SCAT is working on a Cowboys/Shelby Car display at the Cowboys STAR in Frisco from 10am to 2pm on Saturday - October 27th and has 50 spots with 15 to 20 spots for Texas Cobra DFW group so who's interested in attending this? If you responded on the Texas Cobra Club DFW Facebook page no need to respond here. So far I have as of today 8 16 2018;

1. Gary Sharapata
2. John Myers
3. John Ross
4. Sam Watson
5. Brian Byrd
8. Chris Byrd
7. David Cheever
8. Mike Reynolds
9. Don Wallace
10. Don Wallace

Texasdoc 08-17-2018 05:20 PM

Put me down.

Tom

H-Rod 08-20-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gthompson (Post 1449722)

1. Gary Sharapata
2. John Myers
3. John Ross
4. Sam Watson
5. Brian Byrd
8. Chris Byrd
7. David Cheever
8. Mike Reynolds
9. Don Wallace
10. Don Wallace

There`s TWO Don Wallace`s in Dallas? (Lord help us!)
Would the REAL Don Wallace please stand up.
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

RockBit 08-20-2018 10:45 AM

Neither one of the Don Wallace’s have a car at the moment.

Noble65F5 08-20-2018 12:57 PM

I'll be there. Please add me to the list.

D Dubya 08-20-2018 02:36 PM

I will attend. I will be traveling in my Nike's.

gsharapa 08-21-2018 12:06 PM

Here is the list as of today October 14th for people bringing cars!

1. Gary Sharapata
2. James Baldwin
3. John Ross
4. Sam Watson
5. Brian Byrd
8. Chris Byrd
7. David Cheever
8. Mike Reynolds
9. Uli Birnbaum
10. Jim Moore
11. Brad Smith
12. Tom (Texasdoc)
13. Noble6575
14. RedHawk
15. Michael Hammack

Oct 27 Cars at the Star 10am-2pm update:
1. This is an outdoor show which means weather permitting. If we need to cancel due to rain, it will be posted on Facebook and you will be notified by email•
2. Parking Volunteers need to be at the Star by 815am. Please wear your yellow “pit crew” tee shirts and badges
3. Parking for participants is from 830am – 930am. The lot will close promptly, so we can accommodate the spectators.
4. The entrance for the show cars will be at Cowboys Way and Gaylord Parkway
5. You need to stay for entire show which is 10am – 2pm
6. There is a “trunk or treat” scheduled. Please bring candy to be passed out to the attendees. A suggestion is to avoid chocolate, especially if it is a warm day

RedHawk 08-21-2018 07:31 PM

Just moved to South lake from Colorado. Would love to get to know the area and fellow cobra owners and think this would be a great opportunity to do so.

I am trying to tune my car however for temp and altitude change so any advise is appreciated. Car has a centrifical supercharged 351W with blow through quickfuel 750 carb but I suppose that's for another thread.

Francis 08-23-2018 12:14 PM

Gary
I can attend. put me down as confirmed
Francis

Francis 08-28-2018 11:15 AM

retraction

I cannot attend the Cowboy Star event. I will be in AZ that weekend with my wife. Seeing friends, and visiting AZ for the 1st time.

Francis

gsharapa 08-29-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedHawk (Post 1450024)
Just moved to South lake from Colorado. Would love to get to know the area and fellow cobra owners and think this would be a great opportunity to do so.

I am trying to tune my car however for temp and altitude change so any advise is appreciated. Car has a centrifical supercharged 351W with blow through quickfuel 750 carb but I suppose that's for another thread.

We meet the first Saturday of the month for lunch so meeting this Saturday and then the first Saturday of October before this event on Oct 27th so come on out prior to Oct 27th.

RedHawk 09-01-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsharapa (Post 1450363)
We meet the first Saturday of the month for lunch so meeting this Saturday and then the first Saturday of October before this event on Oct 27th so come on out prior to Oct 27th.

Of course I read this today, lol. Anyway thanks so much for the invite, I'll certainly put this in my calendar for future meets.

Headed to Possum Lake for weekend to do some tubing and surfing.

gsharapa 10-16-2018 08:17 AM

To The Top

rbickle 10-24-2018 06:04 PM

Room for 1 more car?
I think I have things fixed to go on Saturday...

Rick

gsharapa 10-25-2018 07:38 AM

You bet we have room for a couple more. Show up around 8:30am-9:00am.