Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   Cobra build progress (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/15594-cobra-build-progress.html)

kountzecobra 03-21-2002 07:25 PM

Cobra build progress

Well, here goes. I finished wiring my Cobra this week, installed trans cooler and fabbed braided lines, moved outlet in aluminum radiator (for the third time), installed horns, radiator hoses (it only took 4-trips to parts house for this), built brake light switch bracket, installed driveshaft, and starter. With any luck, I should be able to "Light it off" and break-in cam on Friday night or Saturday. Still lack several details, and then I can paint and do upholstery. I just had to tell someone. Later, David Shelton.

Ed Csoltko 03-21-2002 08:27 PM

Got any photos?

David; Post some photos of your progress. How long have you been building your CMC? We have a couple of CMC guys here in the Austin area like yourself who are in the painting and building stages.:3DSMILE:

James Baldwin 03-21-2002 09:13 PM

Keep the progress reports coming and don't forget to post the pictures!

4RE KLR 03-22-2002 05:22 AM

Pictures man pictures, our imagination is no bueno pora cocka

Ferrari Killer
Steve Parks

kountzecobra 03-22-2002 09:28 PM

I will try and post some pictures Sat. or Sun. If I can figure out how. Later, David.

mustangmendez 03-23-2002 12:04 PM

Hmmmm

WOW Good job Kountz
Let us know how it is going Cobra Dude and Myself Mustang Mendez are the other CMC in the Austin Area keep in touch .Give us some more info on your Chassie Eng trans rear end ect. Are you using the killer close chamber heads ?
As for you FRE KLR where did you pick up that bad langua ?
HE EEEE.... :p
Mendez

kountzecobra 03-23-2002 08:25 PM

Well, started the Cleveland today and broke-in the cam. Looks like I am going to have to add "Pusher Fans" because the "Puller fan" is not enough. Sounds VERY VERY healthy. Some Engine Specs: 351 Cleveland .030" over, 11:1 Forged pistons, 4-barrel-closed-chamber heads with cleaned-up ports and screw-in studs & guide plates, Comp 280 Magnum hyd. cam, Crower Stainless Steel Roller Rocker arms, all ARP bolts and studs inside and out, windage tray, high vol oil pump, Edelbrock Torker intake, alum. water pump, Holley 750 vac. sec. carb, MSD 6AL with Accel rebuilt factory distributor, with self-built 2" headers (Shell Valley side pipes), modified C6 with TCI torque converter, 9" Ford rear with Moser axles, N-case, 3.50 Traction-Lock and Explorer Rear disc brakes.I also bled the brakes (1 leak to fix- I hate double-flares), also trans line leak to fix. Maybe I can take pictures soon. I guess I have rattled enough. Later, David.

427Aggie 03-24-2002 07:50 AM

you should not have to add pusher fans...unless you are getting the powerful ones....the little chrome pushers really don't do much and are just for looks....With a fresh motor its going to run hot in the beginning...add some water weter (or similar) to the coolant...also what cfm fan do you have on the back of your radiator?

Matt