Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   Stroker Arrived! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/44436-stroker-arrived.html)

gsharapa 08-17-2003 06:59 AM

Stroker Arrived!

Well Drew brought the new stroker motor over Friday afternoon and it sure looks good sitting in front of the Cobra...........

Working on dressing it out and hopefully in next week or so it will be going in..............

kountzecobra 08-17-2003 08:03 AM

Why not SHOW us now good it looks like sitting in front of the car?:) :)

gsharapa 08-17-2003 12:18 PM

No digital camera but maybe my good friend Mr. Russell will come by and take a few....

ERA600hp 08-17-2003 02:54 PM

Sharp

Can't wait to see and hear HER!!

The Royal One!!

Cobra Dude 08-18-2003 11:39 PM

Whoa ... sounds sweet! Any details on this engine? From your sig and profile, I guess it started as a 427 S-O, but has been stroked. So how much cubes now? Do you have other dyno specs like torque and rpms?

Cheers,
-Neil.

Tony Radford 08-19-2003 02:34 AM

Gary, having a 427W stroker in the works myself, I'd be interested to hear some details of your engine configuration. What diameter header tubes are you running?

jrussell 08-20-2003 10:40 AM

I'll bring the camera up!

Gary,
I can head up this afternoon/evening after I pick John up from Football practice, which will be sometime between 5:30 & 6:00. I can't wait to see it either! Have you put on those awesome pent roof valve covers yet??
Oh man, I'm salivating at my desk!!!
I'll call before I head up! :D :D
John

Tony Radford 08-20-2003 01:44 PM

Gary, I may have missed it in a previous thread, but your gallery shows your car sporting a big block. If you're pulling the BB and replacing it with the Windsor stroker, what was the motivation?

gsharapa 08-21-2003 04:51 PM

Sorry I haven't replied to some of your questions as I've been off the site a few days.

First of all this is not a SO 427 but a 351 based 427 small block stroker built by Keith Craft Racing. It's not going in the Blue SPF with the 514 in my gallery as I sold that car last fall. Going in a new SPF black with gold stripes. 2 inch headers, fully C & C Brodix heads, 351 W racing block, Scat pistons, Eagle rods and crank, D & D shaft mounted rockers and a bunch other neat goodies..

Dynoed at 637.8 HP and 605 ft lbs of tork......

Cracker 08-21-2003 06:17 PM

I'm quite impressed! Just wondering, what is the compression of your new motor and at what RPM is the HP & TQ numbers the highest? Thanks and best wishes!

gsharapa 08-24-2003 11:42 AM

Compression is 10.6

Tork: 604.1 at 5100 RPM

HP: 637.9 at 6700 RPM

Just need to get it in now. Car is pretty much prepared and finishing a few add ons for the engine. Just need a cooler day now!

JBAIRD 08-24-2003 06:41 PM

Let me help out a bit on the engine components since I put it together. JE pistons (custom 4.125 Bore) SCAT h-Beam 4340 rods, Eagle forged crank 4.00 stroke. T&D shaft mounted rockers,Fully CnC'd M2 Track 1 Heads by Brodix ( Angle milled 15 degrees to get proper static compression). Big Lunati solid roller, Victor jr. intake, 351-W block that's the Siamese bore NASCAR 9.5 deck block. 4 Blot mains. We could have easily got 700+ out of it but gary wanted pump gas so we eeked out a mere 638 out of her. Drew Baird. Engine is From Keith Craft Motorsports. Plano, Texas 75075 972-578-3550 Come see us for all your racing needs.

Cracker 08-24-2003 07:10 PM

JBAIRD,

Thank you both for your detail(s). The art here is moving air through those heads. I marvel at SB blocks running low CR and on pump gas turning those numbers with reasonable revs.

JBAIRD,

What do you know, if anything about Competition Machine in Plano? If you would rather respond to me personally via private email use tony@crssales.com. Thanks for your thoughts!

Buzzmobile 08-24-2003 10:27 PM

Just curious, what does a rig like that go for?

JBAIRD 08-25-2003 12:58 PM

I'm having machine work brought over from there by their customers and wanting us to redo it and make it right. A real nice stroker with a 4 bolt block is somewhere between 13,500-15,500. add 2500.00 for Aluminum block.

Cobra Dude 08-28-2003 09:31 AM

Curious --- what sort of transmission/clutch combo is going behind this?

Cheers,
-Neil.

gsharapa 08-28-2003 07:10 PM

Transmission is a Tremec TKO II, McLeod aluminum flywheel, clutch and pressure plate.