10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-12-2007, 08:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I love having this posted ahead of time. Makes planning a lot easier. Especially for the locals who don't always get to check in ahead of the cruise.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default Ttt

TO THE TOP

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 03-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

Gregg- are there going to be maps at the hotel from the hotel to the Oasis and from the hotel to El Arroyo?
I think a few folks are coming in late morning Friday, and we may have already left. If they got in quik enough they could zip on over to the Oasis, where I'll be enjoying my iced tea on the patio.....

having maps ready on the go would be nice.

thanks!
K
Old 03-15-2007, 03:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Maps

I can make extra maps for the Oasis. BUt I'm not in Charge of the cruise maps. Let me see if I can get a copy from Dean and have them available Saturday for any late comers.

Gregg H

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 03-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

thanks, Gregg. I'm not sure the urgency is needed for the Saturday maps, everybody should be there!
I do know of a couple of folks leaving Dallas early Friday, hoping to make the run to Oasis.
thanks!
K
Old 03-16-2007, 06:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Ttt

If somebody could pin this to the top I would be greatful. I tired of Bumping this thing to the top!

Gregg H

Old 03-16-2007, 07:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, 351w Stroker
Not Ranked     

Guys:

I'm still in Florida for Spring Break with the Kids, and I'm here with the owner of the property we are doing the group photo shoot on. I have driven the access to the pasture and its fine, as long as a little dust doesn't bother anyone. The clearance is OK. I have asked Barry (ranch owner) to mow the field on Friday so the grass will be low and not a problem. We've also had rain here last week so it should not be that dusty. Plan is we'll meet at the resturaunt and after a meal, go over to his place a few minutes away and shoot the pic. Then we'll travel the back roads over to HWY 281 and up to 1431. A circuituous route will bring us back to the Marriott. The directions and map will be in your packet when you pick it up at registration.

How's this sound???

Dean
Old 03-16-2007, 07:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Dean

You're the Man! Sounds good

Gregg H

Old 03-17-2007, 09:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     
Question Everybody

Just a point. NOT everybody will be there before Saturday, even if you don't know them and they aren't from Big D, and NOT everybody has been to the previous meets, say 2005, so they may not have any clue where the Oasis or Arroyo is, even which direction they might be. Last year I arrived at 9 on Saturday (I worked that Friday ) I was pre-registered and pre-paid, but couldn't figure out where to check in (a photo trailor, of course how obvious and the sign was great- forgot, there wasn't one, trailor wasn't open then, setting up for the group photo?; hotel desk had no idea, maps, clue). Got into the group photo by asking some questions from God knows who and tagging along. Tried to make the group cruise to Marble Falls (without a map- didn't know there was one) and took my own route after following several other cobras out of the parking lot whose drivers either didn't have a map or couldn't read them as they scattered in all directions west of Austin. I know where Marble Falls is so I found that and stumbled upon the grill, just in time to get seats in another room from where the "meeting" was. The only folks I met were around their cars. Never did figure out who was in charge so I could thank them for putting on the meet

Now I post this after reading all the posts in both threads that are supposed to be letting people know what is going on. The time schedule and info on the check in at the Digital Cafe Photo trailor are good, but the other important thing for me and probably most others who might be newer members would be a downloadable map of the planned cruises, especially the Saturday event. A 150 mile cruise needs a good map provided beforehand and an offer at departure time of an additional copy for those who forget theirs (or lost it on 6th Street ). If no downloadable map can be posted beforehand, at least post a good description of the route with stops so those who want to come prepared can print our own The alternate route posted by bwana snake several posts earlier is an example of this.

Another suggestion in order to create a comfort level for all us clueless newbees, people in charge of things should easily identifiable with a distinctive shirt or hat and a readable name tag. Reading folks forum name is no help in figuring out who is who at the meet. The idea is to recruit new members or not so much

As for the pages of posts about peeing on electric fences or exhausts, who is riding with whom or posts that are only understandable to previous attendees; start other threads and spare those of us who just want useful event info without wading through fluff

Thanks for considering the viewpoint of one of the uninitiated, even if he is an Aggie and doesn't have a big hometown club to hang with
Old 03-17-2007, 10:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, 351w Stroker
Not Ranked     

Greg and others:

I've just responded to the previous post and will try to have good maps available by email tomorrow night. Anyone can email me and I'll send it to them in advance.

Also, Greg - who was contacting El Arroryo to arrange for the club to eat there? I'm not sure who signed up for that?? If no one has done it yet, I can make the call.

Dean
Old 03-18-2007, 06:40 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

welcome, cobraduke.
glad you're going to join us.
You've made some very good/valid points, but i have to say some of your comments, well......

anyway, the Houston area has a website on Yahoo groups that they discuss most of their plans. the Austin group also has a 'yahoo groups' that they discuss things. Maybe that's why the Dallas group looks a little heavy on the posting?? The Dallas group does not have a Yahoo group. We discuss our plans on these threads.
Also, realize these are volunteer jobs, and the fact that anyone has even made a map to get to the restaurants is 'a big deal'. There isn't 'anyone in charge' to check in with. There is a check in site at the hotel. There is a registration packet with maps in it.
If you weren't able to 'find' the photo site, and got frustrated looking for people to give you information, then I'm sorry!
Every year is a little bit different, and you just gotta go with the flow.

If you were there by 9 last year, i don't see how you missed check in, etc.
Registration is in the hotel lobby, and again, volunteers have to sit and man the booth. Wandering around the parking lot will generally get you to the right places.
This isn't like a 'real convention' where paid staff are all over, ready to assist. These are just regular folks, getting together for a fun weekend.
It's extremely organized, comparatively speaking, to just a few years ago!

Gregg, Dean, and countless others put a lot of time into the routes, packets, and details.
Colleen puts a lot of work into registration, nametags, etc.
Anyway, seeya Saturday, and stay with the group! Less likely to get lost that way. I'm always panicked I'm gonna get separated at a light or something. Happens all the time!

Dean, thanks for all your hard work with the routes, maps, planning, etc.
I look forward to meeting you this weekend!

Oh yes, cobraduke- you need to bring something for the Houston parking lot party on Saturday night!!

can somebody post the yahoo group link for him?? I know the Austin groups' site, but not the Houston.

Kristen
Old 03-18-2007, 10:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Well.....

Cobrduke,

First of all welcome. I guess after this coming weekend. You will figure out really nobody is in charge. If you want to thank someone, thank every one you meet for coming to the event. It's really the people who make this event special. The fluff is part of the fun and keeps everyone laughing. Since you are an Aggie I can't believe you haven't pee'd on an Electric fence. No offense to the Aggie faithful of course.

You will need to go tothe Houston Yaho site and register with them get connected. I think Dennis Mosley(Another Aggie) helped create that user group. The email is at Houstoncobraclub@yahoogroups.com If you are going to run with the Houston group you better get a think skin. They are all joksters and you will get to meet them Saturday night as they host the tail gate.

As for me I will be wearing a big smile and something that has a Cobra on it.

Gregg H

Old 03-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

Kristen you know good and well that if you get seperated by a stop light the rule is to just go faster till you catch up

And who needs to call Tom and get after him about these freakin weather men? Don't they know he is in charge of the weather so stop reporting crap that isn't going to happen...

Matt
Old 03-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

Hey Cobraduke,
You're not alone in kinda wondering about a bit more detail on things. My wife and I have friends and family that would like to meet at El Arroyo or Oasis or check out the cars at the parking lot parties, but I can't really say as I can tell them when to be there. I finally explained to her to just get everyone's cell numbers and we'll get more detail when we arrive on Thursday, then call everyone with what we're doing when and how/when they can catch us.
Hang in there, this group attached to this neat little car is growing by leaps and bounds and sometimes quick growth can cause a stretch mark or two.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I will be more than happy to put the itenerary, maps, info on a page on my website. Just get it to me and I can get it up in no time. Figure this would be easier so anyone can access it at anytime. I know it would make a lot of people feel alot more comfortable. Hard to have fun when your stressed out about not knowing where your going.

Chris
Old 03-18-2007, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     
Red face Thanks, I Think

Thanks all for the welcome and advice. I am a member of the HCC Yahoo group, great idea. I'm adopted by them as a charitable act as Houston hasn't quite absorbed College Station, YET. I don't get to hang with them as often as I'd like, schedules and distance.

You're also correct about hanging with the group through Austin, LOL. That's why the map would have been SOO cool last year. I think I proved my flow-going last year when I managed to find the meeting place in Marble Falls Any way, being at the back of the pack as we left the hotel was an experience. West of Austin, it got to looking like a lime rally for cobras with cars going every direction at high rates of noise- but alas no lime. Apparently some didn't recover as they never did show up at the meeting site, too bad huh

I have to confess I've never peed on an electric fence, even an Aggie can figure out that this is a bad idea. I confirmed my suspicions with a call to my son, an Aggie EE. He was quite graphic in his explanation and seemed to have unusually strong opinions about the practice. BEVO is a steer isn't it By the way, he also cautioned about licking them as well, that's a freebee.

I hope Dean is going to look good in pink and I think I'll be able to recognize him, but IMHO he should avoid wearing it on 6th Street or they might not want to let him go. Maybe Dean and Greg could combine their ideas and wear maaavelous pink cobras, so they might receive the congradulations for their selfless efforts given to the rest of us. Somebody is in charge, just let a legal issue arise to see how quickly that gets sorted out. The concept of plausable deniability only works in politics, IMHO. Might as well embrace the pink cobra

I really didn't mean to imply there is no place in the forum for fluff or that the Dallas club should get their own site/group I tried to make the point that a thread whose purpose is event information should not be highjacked by multiple posts that are merely banter or personal arrangements or insider references that have nothing to do with the thread topic. There is no reason a thread for any one or all of those things can not be started for those wanting to shoot the bull, steer, fence, whatever or that involves the internal coordination for a town club. A little humor is great for lightening things up and was not what I meant by fluff, but IMHO highjacking this thread as was done reduces its effectiveness and openess to the many for the amusement of the few I guess it is a matter of perspective and I took the opportunity to give mine and I appreciate and accept all ya'lls', hope it can all be processed constructively with a view to being user friendly even to the uninitiated, such as me I have been and am involved in operating volunteer efforts, so I think I understand the sensitivity to any suggestions or perceived critique from an outsider(s). I hope to become a part of the answer, not the problem See you Saturday (maybe even Friday), even if we probably won't recognize each other
Old 03-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

fluff thread started!!!!

ok. nice post. got it.
seeya saturday!
Kristen

ooops or Friday. or, come on over on Thursday, it's fun too!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up TOO Much Fluff!

Duke,

Too much fluff. You have reached your limit. If you want to meet just ask where Gregg is and i will be either in the parking lot with all the Dallas/Houston/Austin group, in the lobby at the registration table or passed out in a lounge chair. Since you are hanging with the HCC, my advise is too keep close watch on wallet.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC - #463 - 427 SOHC
Not Ranked     
Default El Arroyo Restaurant

To All,

El Arroyo has been contacted............all is set for Saturday...........same as in previous years...........order off the menu..........pay your own bill.

We are scheduled to have the restaurant all to ourselves from about 11:00 AM until about 1:00 PM or 1:30 PM.

We will all try to leave in groups to the restaurant around 10:30 AM on Saturday.

Will try to arrange maps to El Arroyo and also to the Oasis on Friday for those who don't know the way.

Dee Walters/Cammer