28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2007, 05:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 210 / CSX 4323
Not Ranked     

raining here in Georgetown at 7 am...guess we'll see what see what the next our or two brings...looks like rain on the cruise route as well.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It's 9:30am and raining outside here right off Mopac in north Austin. Is the cruise still on?
Old 07-14-2007, 10:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LSC427, 351W, TKO500, Currie 9", 400HP
Not Ranked     

Hey Mike, Just wanted to let you know that I had to work late so I will not be making it (as you already know). Did you still make the run?
Old 07-14-2007, 01:04 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates
Not Ranked     

Sorry boys and girls, it did not make... We weren't not too optimistic as when we left home it was pouring, so we took the daily driver. Skip and I were the only ones that showed up at McDonald's this morning. He was brave enough to bring his Cobra as on his end of town it hadn't really rained much, though he caught a few light showers coming in.

Anyhow since nobody else showed and the weather looked like it would be getting worse, so we decided not to go down. Turns out Dee & Jacque were the only ones at the Salt Lick as they went directly there by another route. And of course they got the good BBQ!

Anyhow, let's try again next weekend, weather permitting. I don't have everyone's cell #, so if your willing to share, send me an email and I'll keep it handy so we can call folks next time it cancels.

Brian, sorry we didn't respond to your post but we had already left prior to your post.

Mike
Old 07-15-2007, 02:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

No problem guys! Haha I went outside at 9:30 and then again at 10:00 and it was just raining away. I decided you guys most likely wouldn't make the run so I called it a day and spent it with the other half. Haha I'll try to make it next time, but next weekend is the Heatwave and we are going to have a booth set up there and I have to be there the whole time. I'll be out of town Saturday though. You guys should come by and say "Hi" at the show, it would be great to meet you all!! I'd like to set up a car show with you guys some time as well as a dyno day in order to get the word out about our new Dynojet dyno. Anyway, I'll definitely be talking to you guys. Thanks again for keeping me up to date!!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

looks like a 50% chance of rain today and through the end of time. Not sure how the weekend is looking or if anyone is planning on getting together for a make-up from last weekend.

Brent
512-585-2859
Old 07-18-2007, 08:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC - #463 - 427 SOHC
Not Ranked     
Default Saturday Meet - 7/21/07

Okay guys.............are we going to try for a make up meet this weekend??

I'm in for it again - Salt Lick BBQ is always goooood...........if it rains bring your daily driver.

What say you all???

Dee Walters/Cammer
Old 07-18-2007, 08:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 323 392
Not Ranked     
Default redsabre

was that you out saturday night driving down 6th street?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKIII, 5.0L, Cobra intake
Not Ranked     

I am up for it! How about the rest of you guys? Meet at McDonald's again? Skip
Old 07-18-2007, 10:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LSC427, 351W, TKO500, Currie 9", 400HP
Not Ranked     

Workin nights is not fun but I will try!
Old 07-18-2007, 11:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Unfortunately we'll all be at Heatwave this weekend. I'll have to meet up with you guys another time. I would like to set up a Club Cobra Car Show & Dyno Day with ya'll if that's something you'd be interested in. Give me a shout and let me know what you think.

Brian Hamilton
512-670-2271 (shop)
Old 07-18-2007, 05:11 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates
Not Ranked     

Hey guys, go for it this Saturday rain or shine...you can always take the daily driver. It is about the membership, not just the cars...

Sorry I can't make it this weekend as we have another commitment but I bet Skip will be happy to lead the way for those attending.

Skip, if you need the route information we had picked, let us know before Friday evening.

Tim, nope that was not me on 6th. Would be fun going down 6th in the Cobra though. Will have to put that on my to do list. Maybe we can do that as part of our August get-together. Just think - a caravan of Cobras going down 6th....would blow them away!

Brian, since I won't get to see you Saturday, save me a business card. We want to visit w/ you on your new business endeavor and catch up on where your at on your Cobra.

Mike
Old 07-19-2007, 06:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKIII, 5.0L, Cobra intake
Not Ranked     

Sorry you can't make it Mike. Sure I could lead the group. Let's do what Mike had planned for last weekend. Meet at the McDonald's on 71, just west of Bee Caves at 10am. We would then go west on 71, turn left onto Hamilton Pool road, turn left onto HWY12 through Dripping Springs, turn left onto FM150 toward Driftwood, turn left onto 1826 to the Salt Lick. After lunch, we can cruise down 1826 to HWY290 and then back to Austin. I will probably split off before then to go down Nutty Brown road to 290 since I live near there. If there is any desire to do a longer cruise, there are plenty of back country roads in the area. If anyone wants better directions or a weather report Saturday morning, leave me your phone number here or call me either at home (512)858-7549 or on my cell (512)689-1141. Skip
Old 07-22-2007, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Raining like crazy on Saturday (at least in Georgetown) so I am not sure if anyone made it out or not. Nice evening tonight so I got to go on a good fuel burn. Still looking to meet everyone in the Austin area.

Brent