Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   Unique Auction (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/86201-unique-auction.html)

Madmiles442 03-20-2008 05:13 PM

Unique Auction

Anyone going to the Unique Auction inspection next Tuesday, 9-4?

http://www.maxanet.com/cgi-bin/mndetails.cgi?rosen

Slojo 03-20-2008 06:20 PM

WOW, that's alot of stuff! Too bad I am out of state. It would be great to watch this on line or something.

jshel1 03-20-2008 06:45 PM

Miles are you eyeing that big block cobra engine ?

That sure would solve your motorsport z heads conundrum.

H-Rod 03-20-2008 06:59 PM

WOW!!!
Everything but the kitchen sink!!
I work a few blocks away from this place.
I might drop on by there! :3DSMILE:

Madmiles442 03-20-2008 08:07 PM

I figure among 33 tool chests I can come out with one.
Also seeing what the lifts will go for. But they're 2 post. Not sure what anchoring requirements they have. I'll research over the weekend.
Couple of tools too.
John, the only big block I saw was a Chebby and that ain't getting anywhere near my Cobra.

dlampe 03-21-2008 06:08 AM

How about one of those 64 mustang bodies!!!

Jimi G 03-21-2008 07:58 AM

I am watching this as well, since Unique "used" to be a customer of ours. There is a lot of good stuff to be had if the prices don't get out of hand like everything else with a Unique stamp on it, lol. jimig@standardtransmission.com

How's the transmission working Miles, are you getting the feel of it now?

Madmiles442 03-21-2008 09:34 AM

I've slowed my shifting and haven't felt any "grinding" sensation.
If I shift really aggressively, I can still feel it 1-2 and 2-3 but I might be just going too damn fast! :LOL:

Jimi G 03-21-2008 09:49 AM

I thought the only way to drive a Cobra was hard and fast, lol. As you get more miles on the transmission it will get smoother, just slap it in gear and stomp on it, and all will be well. jimig@standardtransmission.com

jhv48 03-21-2008 10:17 AM

I see that they have a "Boy" for sale.

Those bankruptcy courts are getting really strict now. Requiring them to sell their kids!

Jimi G 03-21-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhv48 (Post 826765)
I see that they have a "Boy" for sale.

Those bankruptcy courts are getting really strict now. Requiring them to sell their kids!

Yeah along with the owners personal Hummer, lol, guess they shouldn't of screwed their customers and SUPPLIERS over:rolleyes:.

Madmiles442 03-21-2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimi G (Post 826751)
I thought the only way to drive a Cobra was hard and fast, lol. As you get more miles on the transmission it will get smoother, just slap it in gear and stomp on it, and all will be well. jimig@standardtransmission.com

Now that's the kind of advice I like hearing!!!:3DSMILE::3DSMILE::3DSMILE:

Madmiles442 03-27-2008 05:05 AM

Well, almost everything is up out of my "bargain" price reach.
I hope the money goes to some of the guys who really got screwed by the old owners.

Clois Harlan 03-27-2008 07:18 AM

Anyone out there bidding please stay away items by bidder #3370 we are trying to buy some stuff for the soldiers in San Antonio. Operation Automotivation serves wounded and burned Gulf War vets returning with serious injuries needing rehab and training.

Thank you,

Clois Harlan

mrmustang 03-27-2008 07:50 AM

Did anyone else notice the change(s) to the shell descriptions from yesterday to today?

THIS TITLE HAS BEEN CACNCELED BY THE TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES. A NON TRANSFERABLE TITLE WILL BE PROVIDED TO THIS VEHICLE.

Bill S.

427Aggie 03-27-2008 09:09 AM

This thing is out of control. There were a couple of things I wanted but they are getting out of control on price....This is actually funny watch what some of its going for.

Clois Harlan 03-27-2008 10:18 AM

I saw that Bill,

What does that mean?

Aggie,

You are absolutely right, some of this stuff is approaching speed shop prices. Fricken Frenzy, although there are some very good deals that are somewhat hidden in the bins.

Clois

Doug I 03-27-2008 10:56 AM

Some of the tool cabinets I can go down to Sears and buy new for about the same or less.

427Aggie 03-27-2008 11:17 AM

The non transferable title means you can't sell it to anyone Clois! Those lift are rediculous..I can get a new 2 post for 1750 installed!