Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   NTMC wants us as guests Sat 7/11/09 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/97845-ntmc-wants-us-guests-sat-7-11-09-a.html)

Madmiles442 06-23-2009 10:46 AM

NTMC wants us as guests Sat 7/11/09

Saturday, July 11, 2009
The North Texas Mustang Club would like to have the Cobra Club as our "guest club" for the month of July!

Cracker Barrel Cruise night. Lewisville, I-35E and Fox Rd exit. $10 registration fee.
Registration begins at 5:00pm but it would be nice to have the guest club there around 4:30pm to park together. After registration everyone goes inside for dinner at Cracker Barrel. Voting Ballots are passed out around 7pm.
Trophies/Plaques will be given out around 8:00pm.
This month is RED, WHITE AND BLUE THEME! We are honoring our Military so if you are veteran please let us know.

We can share Tulsa stories too!

Please respond if you can make it. They need to reserve enough parking.

cgsincc 06-23-2009 11:31 AM

I should be able to make it.

jdean 06-23-2009 05:07 PM

I should be able to make it. Just me, no car :(

John

Madmiles442 07-06-2009 10:57 AM

TTT
Who else can make it?

cgsincc 07-06-2009 11:08 AM

So I took the cobra on vacation last week. Drove about 800 miles and my willwood slave came apart about 3 miles from my house. I doubt I will have it back together for Saturday so I might just bring the daily driver.

Jim Jacobs 07-08-2009 04:11 AM

I may not know until Friday if I can make it but I'd sure like too. I'll let you know as soon as I can.
Jim

Stoney FFR 07-08-2009 05:37 AM

Me too?

I just got my FFR Cobra on the road a week or so ago, so I'm not a "member" of anything. Am I allowed to show up too?

Thanks, Stoney

LuvDaBlues 07-08-2009 06:51 AM

A big maybe

Hmmmmm...Since the "Make-a-Wish" event was canceled today, and I worked my arss of getting the Mustang ready, maybe I'll tow the ol' race car up there. Pencil me in. Just don't use ink..........
Scatch that. I just pulled the Mustangs rear gears for upgrade. I'm out. Have fun.....

Madmiles442 07-09-2009 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoney FFR (Post 964446)
I just got my FFR Cobra on the road a week or so ago, so I'm not a "member" of anything. Am I allowed to show up too?

Thanks, Stoney

A) Membership is quite easy, just show up and give the secret handshake and you're in.
B) Anyone with the handle of "Stoney" is a welcome member!

See ya there!

Stoney FFR 07-10-2009 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madmiles442 (Post 964787)
A) Membership is quite easy, just show up and give the secret handshake and you're in.
B) Anyone with the handle of "Stoney" is a welcome member!

See ya there!

Okay, thank Mad.. I'm trying to get some little details with the car finished up (radiator aluminum is a pain), but hopefully I'll get by there for a while..

Stoney

Madmiles442 07-11-2009 02:00 PM

Today's the day. Hope yall can make it.

LuvDaBlues 07-11-2009 02:17 PM

Too damn hot!!!!

Texas-Saluki 07-11-2009 03:16 PM

I usually try not to drive the cobra when it is 101 out... hope you guys have fun

Stoney FFR 07-12-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas-Saluki (Post 965502)
I usually try not to drive the cobra when it is 101 out... hope you guys have fun

Yeah, it was a little warm and I was late getting there, but it was still fun. There were some very nice Stangs, plus I got to see a few great looking Cobras.

Then I headed to another show hosted by D&D Rockin Rods over in N. Fort Worth and checked out some nice street rods and a really nice Lone Star Cobra with some great looking new HID lights. I think I need to get me a set of those. What a difference!

Stoney

Madmiles442 07-12-2009 03:18 PM

At least you made it....
With 2 miles to go, Annie bogged up and quit. Smelled gas, no blown fuse, had power. After 15 mins, started right back up to go 1/4 mile and die again. Repeat.
Sticking float, stuck jet, something probably in the carb. i guess.
My girlfriend's first drive in the Cobra really didn't turn out like I thought it would....:mad: She was a trooper, though.
Thanks Pamela for the rescue!

jdean 07-12-2009 07:32 PM

So Miles, did you determine the problem.....fuel pump, vapor lock etc?

Man, in this heat to get stranded really stinks. Next time feel free to give me a call if you need help.

Madmiles442 07-13-2009 08:43 PM

Not vapor lock. Know that one.
Something with fuel though. Not sure. Fuel pump was whirring it's normal purr. Acted as if it was flooding, kinda loading up, then smelled gas. Couldn't see butterflies stuck and banged on the side to try and unstick floats. The levels through the viewports seemed normal.
But I'm a carb idiot, so it might be right in front of me...

Maybe just replace it with a 427 SOHC...that'll fix it....

jdean 07-17-2009 07:04 AM

With this 100+ degree heat it could have been fuel boiling. That's what happened to me in Austin. Fuel was spilling out of the carb into the intake causing flooding. Then when I kept trying to start it......you know what happened :(

Jim Jacobs 07-17-2009 07:22 AM

I remember that night very well. We also learned to make Sarape's.:D

jdean 07-17-2009 12:11 PM

There are 2 things I discovered since then...1 is that gasoline percolation temperatures can range from as low as 100 degrees up to 400 degrees....2 is that in the larger metro areas they change to a "summer blend" of gasoline that may move the percolation point towards the lower end of the boiling point scale.