Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Thor Motorsports (TWM Induction) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/thor-motorsports-twm-induction/)
-   -   linkage for system (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/thor-motorsports-twm-induction/76905-linkage-system.html)

RICK LAKE 02-25-2007 05:46 AM

linkage for system

Al how are you hooking up the throttle cable or linkage? ERA has a rod linkage for there cars, not cable. Do you have a kit for this? Also has the IAC motor block been made yet? Rick Lake

thorconstr 02-25-2007 07:48 AM

Rick, good to hear from you! They (TWM) are still working on the IAC. I used a throttle cable on mine. I can take a picture of the linkage if that would help. Can you talk to your friend that had the problems with the roller lifters and rockers and find out exactly what he used for a cure? Thanks, Al
P.S. The cable is around $75.00

Kramer 02-25-2007 10:20 AM

Hey guys,

I am building an ERA as well with TWM. If possible, can you post the picture your reference. Should would be appreciative.

Thanks,

Kramer.

thorconstr 02-25-2007 12:02 PM

throttle images

2 Attachment(s)
Hope this helps!

RICK LAKE 02-25-2007 05:27 PM

Better pictures Al??

I will give you a call for the cable Al. If you have any better pictures that would help. As far as the lifter problem, went to the dodge lifters which are bigger, .904" if I recall. bronze lifter bores where added. Jesel is the new lifter with a preoiler before any startup. Jesel said per oil manditory to pervent failure with a cam over .700" lift. No adjustments or failures with this process being done every start. I would add a lucas oil suppliment also. Rick L.

Rwillia4 03-20-2007 09:40 PM

Lokar

I purchased a Lokar "universal" cable and it is not so universal!! the end piece doesn't match what comes on the manifold.

RICK LAKE 03-21-2007 03:54 AM

cable pictures Al

thorconstr Al do you have any other picturs of your linkage. I was looking at the setup and the cable would pull through the center of the system. The cable would need to be about 12" long. Which there was room to run a hard linkage to the bell crank. I will see if a bell crank on the left side might work. Rick