Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Tires and Wheels (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/tires-wheels/)
-   -   Sunburst Wheels (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/tires-wheels/111744-sunburst-wheels.html)

shapeskis 07-18-2011 11:27 AM

Sunburst Wheels

Good Day my Name is Lain Vendittelli. I am currently getting pricing for my Sunburst wheels. You can text me (905)-685-2338. I have an order for ten sets to date. Enough for a run. They are 15x7 Original Style 6 pin You can also leave me messages on the clubcobra forum. To see the wheels type in Sunburst Wheels Gallery There are various views of the sunbursts. As you know they are not DOT approved. Pricing per wheel to come very shortly Thank You

ERA Chas 07-18-2011 11:35 AM

OK Rod and Rodney-gonna pounce on these guys for mag Hali's???

KarlCSX2498 07-18-2011 12:17 PM

Nick will be happy to see this thread.

RodKnock 07-18-2011 12:24 PM

This should make quite a few folks looking for Sunbursts very happy.

Chas, I've given up the dream and keeping my mouth shut.

601HP 07-18-2011 12:57 PM

From their site:

"Not DOT approved or recommended for racing"

:confused::eek::(**)

rodneym 07-18-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERA Chas (Post 1141124)
OK Rod and Rodney-gonna pounce on these guys for mag Hali's???

Chas, 'Magnesium Rodney' is dead. And he'll never return. EVER!

Good news for the Sunburst crowd. I wonder how much?

LMH 07-18-2011 04:52 PM

Are these from that mold bought by someone in Canada?
Larry

*13* 07-18-2011 05:13 PM

Two thumbs up!!! 6-8 week lead time seems a little lengthy. I wonder who the have casting them.

mickmate 07-18-2011 07:56 PM

They are a thing of beauty, Lain called me today to let me know they are ready and the website is up. Between the 6061 and the casting process these are twice the wheels the originals were. I wouldn't be concerned a bit about the lack of DOT certification. They just state it up front where I believe the other wheels we use just omit that part. I believe these wheels are priced for guys that want them and recognise what they are worth compared to price, availability and quality of originals.
Roll out the street cars baby!

DanEC 07-21-2011 01:19 PM

Hmmm - I finally got my set of 427 S/C style KOs from Bob at Vintage because I never figured these would see light of day. I may have to reconsider depending on the pricing.%/

LMH 07-21-2011 03:32 PM

$975 per wheel plus shipping.
It's still cheaper than the wheels I'm looking at for another project though.
Larry

rodneym 07-21-2011 04:16 PM

Beautiful wheels but pricey, no?
You can find originals for that price. ;)
Maybe not as 'good', but original.

But, he's doing it and deserves everything he can get for them.
I wonder how much Mags would be on a set by set basis.
Somebody PLEASE stop me! :CRY:

RodKnock 07-21-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneym (Post 1141812)
Beautiful wheels but pricey, no?
You can find originals for that price. ;)
Maybe not as 'good', but original.

But, he's doing it and deserves everything he can get for them.
I wonder how much Mags would be on a set by set basis.
Somebody PLEASE stop me! :CRY:

Rodney, PLEASE MOVE ALONG. NOTHING TO SEE HERE. :LOL:

Considering the depth of the market or lack there of, I think the price is just about market correct IMHO. Many years ago, someone here on CC (428street) paid about $5,000-6,000 for a set of 5 originals, but that was years ago.

DanEC 07-21-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMH (Post 1141800)
$975 per wheel plus shipping.
It's still cheaper than the wheels I'm looking at for another project though.
Larry

OK - think I'll stick with what I have for now. :eek:

rodneym 07-21-2011 05:21 PM

Truth is we're kinda spoiled.
We have choices for our 427 wheels which I think are at good prices.
I see GMC Denalis on the freeways with wheels more than $4k/set all day long.

Kudos for getting them done.:3DSMILE:

CCBrian 05-17-2015 01:23 PM

Sunburst Wheel I may sell

I have an original Sunburst from 33xx...thinking of selling...long story how I acquired it 20 years ago...what is the real value if I decided to sell...never been on the ground...was the spare.

rodneym 05-17-2015 01:35 PM

Just sold mine.
Sending PM...

1985 CCX 05-17-2015 04:32 PM

Sweet as an option.
Cheaper than mags. ........��

Brooklyn-427 08-18-2015 01:58 PM

Are these wheel still available to buy?