Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Tires and Wheels (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/tires-wheels/)
-   -   BillBoard vs Hossier vintage info?? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/tires-wheels/86691-billboard-vs-hossier-vintage-info.html)

ddcobra 04-07-2008 10:28 AM

BillBoard vs Hossier vintage info??

BillBoard vs Hossier vintage wich will be the best one at the track ? :confused:
Thanks Don,

DavidBetts 04-07-2008 11:57 AM

Hoosier Street TD's

I've been going to the Pocono North track for three years now. I first thing my manufacturer (Unique Motorcars) told me, was get the BFGoodrich Radial TA's off for track events. They get greasy as they get hotter. Hoosier Street TD's was the recomendation. They are a bias belted tire, means you can hear and feel before they break loose. I,as a novice, like the warnings. Also, after a warmup lap and even as you continue to push the tires, they get real tacky and soft, even grippyer. They're designed that way.
Bottom line - good performance for a very fair cost. Just know this. All brands of this performance style tires do not give many miles of treadlife. This will be my last year for them. 6 - 8 hours on them.

Pete Munroe 04-10-2008 07:06 PM

Hoosier Street T/D's

Which is better for RACING? BB's vs. TD's...beats me!

I had Hoosier Street T/D's for about 5 track events, and 3000 street miles.

On the TRACK, a smooth asphalt track, Willow Springs or Button Willow...they seemed to be great!...have no way to know if they are better or worse than BB's, but were pretty sticky...especially in comparison to the Dunlop GT Qualifiers I am now using.

On the STREET, the Hoosier's...and I guess ANY bias type tire...were a nightmare.

They would follow any groove in the road...I got tired of two hands in a death grip to keep the car from jumping across lanes.

If you open-track a lot, but aren't actually racing, either BB's or Hoosier T/D's should be pretty sticky.

As to street use, I can only recommend radials. Not the greatest for the track but the Dunlop G/T's seem OK even in high heat...last June it was 100+ at Button Willow.

Is any one using the Hoosier RADIALs in track and STREET use?

Storing two sets of wheels and tires is a problem for me, just do not have the room.

Pete

Clois Harlan 04-11-2008 06:16 AM

Try storing 4 or 5 sets. IMO the billboards are ok for the street but not as good on the track and tend to get harder with time. I have both (Hoosiers and Goodyears) and I think the Hoosier's are probably a better all around tire if you are going to use them on both track and street.

I strongly suggest two sets of tires though. There are things that you will run over on the street that may jepordize your safety on the track at speed. The 17" hoosiers are a pretty nice all around tire fwiw.

Clois