Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Tornado Alley Cobra Club (Eastern Oklahoma) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/tornado-alley-cobra-club-eastern-oklahoma/)
-   -   Tire balancing (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/tornado-alley-cobra-club-eastern-oklahoma/110979-tire-balancing.html)

Tulsa cobra 06-04-2011 06:32 PM

Tire balancing

Does anybody in Tulsa know of a place where I can have my wheels road force balanced. I thought I had a slow leak in the front left tire, use some slime, then realized that it was a loose valve stem. Now I have a very slight, but annoying shimmy in my steering wheel between 60mph to 100mph. If I let go of the wheel it tracks straight by shimmys for one second, then smooths out for one second, so on and so on.

Any info would be appreciated.

Chilibit 06-05-2011 04:53 AM

The Hunter website allows you to search for which model RF machine can be found at which site by zip code. It does not say word one about which operators are actually awake on the job.

Tulsa cobra 06-05-2011 07:00 AM

Thats the problem. In the last two weeks, I had trees installed, they ended up cutting the sprinklers, then the neighbor lawn guys cut my cable, and my boat is on its third repair by the third problem that they cause trying to fix the first problem, which was because they forgot a very important step, they did not put antifreeze in the engine, and we had the coldest winter on record:CRY:

I was hoping someone has had theirs done. I am going to be out Hallett at MidAmerica, do they have vendors their, or does Hallett have the capabilities. I would assume so, but I would assume that most people are responsible and cautious as well, and that hasn't been the case.

jhv48 06-05-2011 07:54 AM

Say what? Did I miss something?

209 06-05-2011 02:35 PM

Me too. Does this have anything to do with steering rack tightness? 209

WardL 06-05-2011 06:08 PM

No one has been able to explain to me how to tighten up my steering rack yet.

Tulsa cobra 06-06-2011 03:23 PM

I was referring to the problem that Chilibit posted that finding someone awake/competent. It seems like I have had a run of incompetent workers recently. If anybody has had their tire balanced or knew of a good shop to take it to, I would like to know.

Hopefully Midamerica meet may have some local guys who know where to go.

Tulsa cobra 06-06-2011 03:24 PM

double reply