Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Transmission Talk (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/transmission-talk/)
-   -   Shifter Trim Ring Screws (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/transmission-talk/118050-shifter-trim-ring-screws.html)

bliss 11-21-2012 03:32 PM

Shifter Trim Ring Screws

I need to replace the 4 screws that hold the Shifter Trim Ring in place around the boot - does anyone know the size/type that I'm looking for and if they can be purchased locally, perhaps in one of the brand name stores (Auto/Hardware)? They appear to be stainless steel, right?

KevinW 11-21-2012 04:10 PM

best post a pic.
i chucked the ones supplied and replaced with a s/s slot head self-tappers.

Rick Parker 11-22-2012 02:46 AM

Going directly into fiberglass or sheet metal, use #10 self tapping oval head stainless slotted head screws.
If you have it well thought out, use thread inserts and similar machine thread screws.
You will have to look hard as most all readily available screws are now Phillips head. But it's not the end of the world.

Xack 11-22-2012 06:35 AM

This may sound too simple. Take your old screws into "Lowes" or "Home Depot" and stick them into the sizing jig and you'll be able to see which one fits.

Then see if the store carries what your looking for to replace. I'd get SS if possible.

Hope this helps,
Xack

MaSnaka 11-22-2012 10:08 AM

Orchard Supply Hardware aka OSH has a good suppply of screws. You might get lucky there.

John

BAsque1 11-29-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xack (Post 1219964)
This may sound too simple. Take your old screws into "Lowes" or "Home Depot" and stick them into the sizing jig and you'll be able to see which one fits.

Then see if the store carries what your looking for to replace. I'd get SS if possible.

Hope this helps,
Xack

ditto that's what I did