Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Transmission Talk (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/transmission-talk/)
-   -   help with changing C6 to TKO600/T56 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/transmission-talk/131213-help-changing-c6-tko600-t56.html)

cobranc 09-30-2014 06:27 AM

help with changing C6 to TKO600/T56

I am debating on changing my C6 to a TKO600/T56. My cobra has a 428CJ engine and has a bolted cross brace for C6 support.
I need help with the pieces and parts. Does anyone know someone I could call to get a complete package and see how much this would cost me?

All help appreciated.

keezling 10-01-2014 07:24 PM

Looks like I'm the only other one. I got a parts quote from Forte's Parts Connection. Pretty expensive (what isn't). That's as far as it's gone at this time... About $5k for me. Your shopping experience may vary.

Wisconsin_Snake 10-15-2014 04:13 PM

On the forums for other cars I have heard quite a few people with T56s say they never get around to putting it into 6th gear looking back they would of went with a TKO600.
That is almost a $1000 savings right there... But yeah, it's expansive to put a Tremec in.

blykins 10-16-2014 03:25 AM

I can help out....provide a lot of these swaps for customers.

keezling 10-16-2014 06:38 AM

My TKO 600 arrives today! C-6 is out and on the floor... Woo Hoo!

undy 10-16-2014 07:00 AM

You didn't say whether you have a clutch pedal, linkage, cable/master cylinder, slave etc, etc in your car already? I know this thread is over a month old but it's more than a tranny, bell housing and clutch.

keezling 10-16-2014 08:02 AM

Mine is a FFR with the Mustang pedal bracket. Holes in bracket already, will fab the pedal, cross shaft and bushings. Will use Summit cable and quadrant. Looks like the slip joint is the same for C-6 and TKO (I hope)

avdcav 07-13-2015 05:27 PM

I just finished the exact swap , first dive was this weekend it was magical
Compared to the c6. 4k into it all and about 30hours . Taking the qt bellhousing off
50 times to trim was the only real pain in the ass.
I also have a mini ht starter had to shim with 2 plain washers to clear fw but worked perfect

Forte master slave combo I modified the bracket , it just didn't line up dead center on the slave to fork. But it works great
Ram clutch
McLeod flywheel
Tko600
QT bellhousing
New drive shaft 2" longer 14.5 instead of 12.5
Jordon shifter. this thing is just awesome
Pedal cluster I just made from 2 jegs clusters 6.250 ratio

Have at it. You'll be glad you did don't pay much attention to
The shifting horror stories try and old Porsche or Ferrari and you'll
Really see what sloppy bad shifting means, 600s are just notchy if you
Pre gate it in 3rd first it slides into first like butter.