Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Tri State Cobra Association (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/tri-state-cobra-association/)
-   -   Atlantic City Car auction (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/tri-state-cobra-association/46843-atlantic-city-car-auction.html)

Mike Main 11-03-2003 07:05 AM

Atlantic City Car auction

My wife gave me the go ahead on a kit-- but my dad and I might run down to AC car aution in February to check out whats there. Anyone have any experience purchasing at a car auction esp Cobras.
Also my thinking buying used as much as a like to tinker, weekends are my only free time--and so if I had to swap an engine or tranny and have a complete kick a$$ kit that seems the way to go to enjoy next summer.
Btw saw 2 cobra on 287/87 interchange in Mahwah (one all red and one offwhite with stripe)
Thanks
Mike

mrmustang 11-04-2003 02:45 AM

Mike,

Was the red Cobra on a trailer????Was this on Saturday?????

Bill S.

Mike Main 11-04-2003 07:12 AM

no being driven but on Saturday, I assume yours is en route?

Mike

mrmustang 11-04-2003 07:36 AM

Actually # 5 (which will wear #18) is a BRG item...The red car was coming back from the body mounting party in Montville, where Olli had just finished painting it.

Bill S.

Mike Main 11-04-2003 08:37 AM

Well I will be looking for a cobra pretty soon--so u might have to be on number 6 come this spring--Mike

mrmustang 11-04-2003 09:16 AM

With me, you never know :D :D :D .

Bill S.

Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Main

Well I will be looking for a cobra pretty soon--so u might have to be on number 6 come this spring--Mike

Rob_R 11-06-2003 02:31 AM

Mike,
I was at the AC auction last February. The Cobras being auctioned, were for the most part, not top shelf stuff. Some did not have knock-offs, some had poor paint, some had Chevy motors! There did not seem to be an abundance of used Cobras there. Shelby was there with a huge display and some great cars. Superformance was displaying a really nice car. I believe Shelby auctioned off 1 high dollar car.

Why wait for the AC auction? You can go look at Superformance rollers today. Add a drivetrain and go! You can have a look/see in Forked River, NJ at Stan's Garage. Give him a call anytime - 609 242-7826. I purchased a Superformance roller from him last year.

No, I did not get paid for this post. I just can't see waiting for the AC auction without looking at what is available locally today.

Robert

Mike Main 11-06-2003 05:57 AM

thanks Rob

Mike