Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Upstate Super Replicars--Speak with Bill Connelly (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/upstate-super-replicars-speak-bill-connelly/)
-   -   Contemporary serial number (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/upstate-super-replicars-speak-bill-connelly/3934-contemporary-serial-number.html)

Cobritaly 01-12-2001 09:55 AM

Ciao Bill, may You help me with serial number and age identification? I'm interested to buy a Contemporary located in Germany. Owner told me the car was built in England in 1990.
I know that serial n. suffix on recent cars is CCX...
That Contemporary has serial n.
1B#####D.
What is Your opinion about it?
Greetings from Bologna. Lorenzo

CoupeBill 07-01-2002 09:45 AM

Contemporary Serial numbers

Lorenzo, sorry for the delay in getting back to you! As you mentioned in your post the correct suffix for all Contemporary is CCX (C ontemporary C lassic X port) . The number you supplied on your post doesn't resemble anything that I have ever seen produced hear in the states by Contemporary. On top of the Passengers Footbox you should see an aluminum plate that states that the vehicle was manufactured by Contemporary Classic Motor Car Company in Mt. Vernon, NY. "It is a Ferderal offense to remove this tag" Also the Serial # CCX 3-3_ _ _ or
CCX- 3 _ _ _ should appear on this tag. This very same serial Number is stamped into the 4" main rail just below the Front upper A arm suspension. Hope this helps you. If you can send me detailed photos of these serial numbers as well as the underside of the cobra I will be better able to say yes or no to it's authenticity!

Bill Connelly
Upstate Super Replicars, Inc.
www.daytona-coupe.com
427cobra@compuserve.com

fivefivem 12-25-2010 04:48 PM

ccx serial numer

i am looking at a cobra with the serial number ccx-3-3500. can anyone tell me what this is. i assume by waht i read above it is a contemporary cobra? is this a quality built car? was it a kit only? i know nothing about these cars. any help appreciated. thanks, mike

1985 CCX 12-26-2010 07:37 AM

CCX3-3500 ??

Sorry to say I am not familiar with this car. At one point I tried to start a CCX registry so all could be tracked. Was a ton of work and as I started to publish full copies cars were already changing hands. So it became too challenging even when I was using a digital copy for fast updates.

Best of luck!