Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   VA / NC Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/va-nc-cobra-club/)
-   -   Insurance in nc? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/va-nc-cobra-club/99702-insurance-nc.html)

SPORTSTWE 09-17-2009 08:19 AM

Insurance in nc?

I'm trying to get some quotes for a new backdraft cobra. Are there any companies like hagerty that insure cobra replicas? Nationwide's quote was $1200 a yr.......please help........i hope to be the proud new owner of a backdraft by mid oct.

209 09-17-2009 09:28 AM

Try Condon and Skelly in Maple Shade, NJ? Agreed value, full coverage, unlimited milage, and approximate $440@year. 209

Bobcat 09-17-2009 09:36 AM

Try Robin at Midwest Classic Insurance .... a lot of the CC guys go through him , as I did . 1-888-271-4000 .

SPORTSTWE 09-17-2009 12:32 PM

Thanks guys

Midwest $294/yr

Don 09-17-2009 04:35 PM

Elite Collector Auto Policy from American Modern Home Insurance, offers agreed value, various rates depending upon annual miles driven, etc., etc

1-800-543-2644

ratdog 06-11-2010 10:46 AM

state farm $168.00 every six months.

FWB 06-11-2010 11:31 AM

ditto on the midwest just bought from robbin. 279.00 per year full coverage agreed value.

warning.... do not insure your car with a regular carrier. if you have an accident you will curse them when it comes time to make a claim.

fred

RANDY CARTER 06-11-2010 12:53 PM

When I bought my SPF I did a lot of shopping around and found that all of the specialty insurance companies that I contacted were not licensed to insure in the state of NC. I ended up adding the Cobra to my State Farm policy along with my other vehicles. Obviously, there are many variables that influence rates but with a clean driving record and multiple cars I pay about $900 per year on a declared value.

stallion112 06-22-2010 07:30 AM

Been using Grundy's since the late 90's, agreed value.

NCSNAKE 06-29-2010 03:19 AM

Robbin at Midwest Classic. No problem insuring for agreed value in the state of North Carolina.

hound dog 03-04-2011 06:17 AM

Just curious, how did everyone get theirs titled in NC? I had mine titled as a 2002 custom. I've had it insured as every kind of mustang you can think of as no-one understands it's a cobra!

fastd 03-04-2011 10:00 AM

SportsTWE: I use Chubb and have two cars - the Cobra and a 68 Mustang; its $640 per year.

Hound dog: it get's titled as a Ford Replica in the year is was actually built.

In New Jersey mine got titled at 1966 Ford Cobra

hound dog 03-04-2011 12:06 PM

Tried to get mine titled that way and the only way they would do it was "2002 custom". This was during the time when the company down in Alabama was running the deal where they were titling the replicas as "65 Cobras" and NCDMV got ahold of what was going on and they were a little shy about titling anything as a "65" that was actually a newly made replica. They actually recalled my title a couple of times but sent it back to me the same way each time without any changes. Glad to know they are finally doing it right. Maybe I can try for a retitle. :LOL:

STEVE-O 03-04-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FWB (Post 1057415)
ditto on the midwest just bought from robbin. 279.00 per year full coverage agreed value.

warning.... do not insure your car with a regular carrier. if you have an accident you will curse them when it comes time to make a claim.

fred

Just curious as to what your agreed on value is? You are also in Ca? I would have thought that it would have been higher in that state.
I also have insurance with Midwest but pay ~$800. Is the premium dependent on value or state or both?
Thanks

3KCarbon 03-12-2011 04:47 PM

Nationwide refused to insure mine. Allstate didn't want it either. State Farm, no thanks go away please...
Robin at Midwest low cost and done.