Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Weber Tuning (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/weber-tuning/)
-   -   Weber Jetting Survey (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/weber-tuning/77913-weber-jetting-survey.html)

65arboc 11-19-2021 09:22 AM

Thanks Priobe,

I had just about givin up on anyone posting about their jetting recently. I really like the calculator however with my 48 IDA setup on my 289 V8, the answers don't even come close to my settings. Is there another calculator somewhere for 48 IDA carbs on a V8? Seems like not many are interested in this subject on here.

Thanks,

Jim

PDUB 11-21-2021 06:10 PM

Yes, interesting, but 48IDA/IDF would be helpful.

65arboc 11-23-2021 07:41 AM

Thanks Paul,

Can't seem to get a lot of interest in our WEBERS right now for some reason. Perhaps everyone has their's tuned in perfectly but I doubt it.

Have you got yours up and running yet, Paul?

Thanks,

Jim

PDUB 11-26-2021 11:03 PM

Well...

not exactly, Jim. It is a long term project. I will have the Webers in the second incarnation... sourcing parts at this point.

wolf k 11-28-2021 07:28 AM

44IDF, 331 cu in, 10.7;1 comp, mild 218 deg @.050 cam
135 main
175 air
F11 e tubes
52 idle (homemade)
50 pump jet bypass

These jetting tables of other's engines are interesting, but no way would I base jetting solely off of someone else's.
For instance, and if I use 60 idle jets my engine barely runs (way too rich). If I use 50 idle jets it sneezes. My car is very sensitive to idle jetting, they have most pronounced effect in my case. I have spent $500 on jets and tubes and in the end, ended up with nearly stock jetting for 44IDF.

My engine runs very well 98%. Still have very slight farting at the transition stage during mild accelerations in hot weather.

65arboc 12-04-2021 05:20 PM

I think guys just want some idea of where to start, not where to set theirs up like the other guy. All applications are different, we should all know that when it comes to Webers. It takes a long time for any of us to get all the settings close so the car runs somewhat well. When I got my 48IDA setup I didn't have a clue except what I had read on the web. Yes I have spent about $150 bucks on jets and and a tuning manual but thru trial and error mine finally runs decent enough to where it is a blast to drive compared to the old Holly setup I had before. My point is, don't be afraid of Webers and just pick a starting point that {compares} to someone elses setup with an engine comparable to yours and get into as many discussions as you can about Webers. Ask questions of experts if possible. I talked to a half dozen experts and some had conflicting answers but all said there is no specific answer to getting Webers running right without experimentation. JMT

Jim

carmine 03-30-2022 12:43 PM

I had problem with my MSD distributor so i ripped everything out and replaced with PROGRESSION IGNITION all in one Electronic Distributor.
No more MSD box.
No more bundle of wires to route.
Reads manifold vacuum.
Down load the app for your phone and change your map on the fly while driving.
Greatest thing since sliced bread.

Ps: I run 48 IDA Webers! ( all i can say is WOW)

https://progressionignition.com/

*13* 03-30-2022 01:40 PM

That sounds pretty slick! Had the car out yesterday. Ran amazing. Hoping for plenty of favorable weather this year

PoppyMod 04-10-2022 02:03 PM

Speaking of Webers....

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,
I haven't posted here for sometime (2010?) Anyway, have worked my way back with the following that I'm sharing as it may help others.
My setup is a bit different from most y'all as you can see from this link.
This combination is, currently, working very well, until I change something LOL!
Engine Specs;
289/333 Stroker
10.96 CR; custom billet roller cam (see attachment specs)
Am running 40MM DCOEs on a custom 4 barrel conversion intake.
Choke: 30
Main Jet : 165
AirCorr : 200
Idle Jet : 65F8
Emulsion : F11
Pump Jet : 75
Idle Turns: 1.5-1.75
No Dist. Vac; Timing Initial 18º total 36º @ 2500
Fuel Pressure 2.5

I've attached a recent link for "Show N Tell":
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bpnp63qly...ssion.MOV?dl=0

1795 04-10-2022 02:21 PM

Interesting setup. You do not see DCOS's on cobras often. I ran a DCOE on my MGB race car. How is the performance?

Jim

PoppyMod 04-10-2022 02:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1795 (Post 1505302)
Interesting setup. You do not see DCOS's on cobras often. I ran a DCOE on my MGB race car. How is the performance?

Jim

Agree, not on Cobras, I failed to mention this is on my ........
It runs very well after a bunch of tweaking since 2010.