Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Weber Tuning (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/weber-tuning/)
-   -   40mm Venturis - DIY? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/weber-tuning/80761-40mm-venturis-diy.html)

68gt500 07-19-2007 11:59 PM

40mm Venturis - DIY?

My Weber parts supplier informed me that he canīt get the 40mm venturis (at least not quicky) - but that he could cut my originals on a lathe ...

Question: has anybody done that and can offer some guidance ?

Is it as easy as chucking them in a lathe an turning them out to 40mm ??

That will leave a cylindrical shape - not a venturi.

Will this new "shape" work properly?

nanard289 07-21-2007 05:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 68gt500
My Weber parts supplier informed me that he canīt get the 40mm venturis (at least not quicky) - but that he could cut my originals on a lathe ...

Question: has anybody done that and can offer some guidance ?

Is it as easy as chucking them in a lathe an turning them out to 40mm ??

That will leave a cylindrical shape - not a venturi.

Will this new "shape" work properly?

Hi Mike
I have made my own venturis on a lath. I have bought some pieces of aluminum tube 40 x 50mm to produce 40, 40.5, 41, 41.5 and 42mm venturis for differents tests. It is not very difficult to do it but you have to modify the conicity angle for each different diameter ;)

ENTDOC 07-21-2007 05:36 AM

weber carbs direct has them for 12.50 dollars apiece, hard to beat that price

Byots 07-21-2007 07:38 AM

Making venturis

nm .

68gt500 09-18-2007 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanard289
Hi Mike
I have made my own venturis on a lath. I have bought some pieces of aluminum tube 40 x 50mm to produce 40, 40.5, 41, 41.5 and 42mm venturis for differents tests. It is not very difficult to do it but you have to modify the conicity angle for each different diameter ;)

Is that you Bernard with the Daytone Clone??

I am pretty sure we met at last years Lemans - we were at the Shelby Mustang Club de France Parking - I was driving my 68 Shelby - at that time sans the Webers.

Looking forward to next Years Le Mans - hope to see you there.