Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Weber Tuning (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/weber-tuning/)
-   -   Webers running rich (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/weber-tuning/88874-webers-running-rich.html)

Snakebit 06-29-2008 04:26 PM

Webers running rich

Just installed my Webers and they are running rich.

Ford 302 stroked to 331
AFR 185 heads
Comp cams 282 Solid lifter 282/282 236/236 @.050 .528/.528 lift 110 lobe sep.

Webers
37 chokes
F5 emulsion tubes
155 mains
60f10 idle jets
1.10 holders
195 airs
50 pump jet / 50 exhaust
2.9 lbs fuel pressure

Manifold plumed for PCV (see gallery)

Carbs are in sync

Running rich, plugs are black. I set the floats prior to installation.

Is this normal for the plugs to be black? I have not taken the car out on the road as I am awaiting my appointment for the safty inspection.

From all the posts I've studied I shuold be right in the ball park with the jet combination. Any sugestions???

ENTDOC 06-29-2008 06:01 PM

I would move to 40mm chokes. In lieu of that, drop you idles to 150, up your AC to 205. I am not sure about F5 E tubes F15 would have a lean low end. Webers always seem to run rich at first and will foul plugs so keep that in mind if it really starts running poorly.

Snakebit 06-30-2008 04:48 AM

Anyone? Anyone? Rick, Calmetal are you out there?

Robspiceman 06-30-2008 05:07 AM

Weber cam

I've got a 302 that previously had webers. The cam made by Cam Techniques was supposedly suggested by Inglese to solve some of the problems you mentioned. Since it does not perform well with a Edelbrock I am going to pull it. Let me know if you have any interest.
Rob