14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Thank You.

Sir Jamo,

It was my pleasure to help host our annual for such a great group of people. Your ongoing support and participation is truly appreciated. Thanks a bunch for making it to WSCG 2010, and for your encouraging feedback. Take it easy.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bennett Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks Duane!!!

Hi Duane,

I just wanted to thank you for all your hard work arranging the meet up. Although, I could not participate in Highway 1 drive, I heard great things about it from fellow members. The hotel and track arrangements were outstanding and we even had time on Saturday evening to eat at the Schellville Grill (featured on Guy’s Triple D) in Sonoma. We are looking forward to next year’s event!

Take care,
Jeff
Old 08-30-2010, 05:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports, 427w
Not Ranked     

Duane, you've done it again. Another great event.
As Jamo said, your work, planning and attention to detail are noticed and greatly appreciated.
Matt
Hurricane Motorsports #1053; 427w
Old 09-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler...488" hi-rise, dry-sump FE s/o w/stacks
Not Ranked     

I just got back to Texas. I have been on the road for 11 days....a very long trip but we had a great time. I did spend a day or so in So. Cal. on the way home. I took a detour and visited with Kenny Duttweiler and had an opportunity to see the streamliner that just ran 404 mph with a turbo charged 300 inch Chevy....some serious stuff. I also spent some time with Ron Butler. I left my car with Ron...gonna let Duttweiler do some work.

I enjoyed meeting all you guys. The Coast highway drive was a blast (a little curvy is an understatement) and Infineon was a real treat.

Duane, thanks for all your hard work. You did a great job.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

Nice to have met you Russ. PCH with the trailer??? Wow....... or did you have the wife drive the trailer down 101 and meet her in L.A.?

That's a fine Butler you have.

Paul
Old 09-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Matt, Jeff, Russ:

Thanks for the note. Glad to know everyone had a nice time and made it home safely. Russ, I agree - definitely nothing like a California CA-1 run to help get a car revealed and sorted out It all came together fairly well for our 2010 annual get-together.

__________________________________________________ _________
As a follow up to some of the WSCG site and feedback replies, I'm not sure about "next year" as it can be a challenge to come up with new and different ideas every year for the group over three days. As you all know, finding a good balance between a decent base camp, security, good drives, timed events, and the social aspects of it takes a special place or mix of things together to make it worthwhile and fun for everyone. After reflecting on it a bit, I'm going to see what kind of ideas and suggestions come through on the WSCG site. You guys all pretty much know the drill now, and maybe we can pick the best idea for 2011 and go with that.