Club Cobra Vintage Motorsports - Backdraft  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Events > Western States Cobra Group

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Shell Valley Companies
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Shell Valley Companies
Midwest Classic Insurance
Midwest Classic Insurance
September 2014
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 05-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 351W to 393 Twisted Wedge Heads, Holley double pumper
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
Best line from the entire Bash (IMHO) was from Eric at the Drivers' Meeting the night before the track day...

"Remember, nothing you do tomorrow will add any value to your car."

Sage words.
Yes, I totally agree, words to live by....
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL - Panoz
Not Ranked     
Default Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Jones View Post
Just let me know what you need me to do John. I'm all in. Hook, line and sinker.

Howard
Thank You Howard!

Itís good to know I can count on you as we get our plans more developed. You were a big help to me personally and I enjoyed your company.

Talk soon, John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
John,

I thanked Duane but neglected to acknowledge you, Eric and Karen. It was a well-run event and it was clear that whatever you guys were doing during the downloads was paying dividends on the track. The level of competence, especially in the novice groups, increased astronomically by days end and exceeded that of last year by a significant margin. If you need my help next year I am more than willing to participate!

Cheers, Pete C
Thank you Pete!

I too was so impressed with 1A&B by the dayís end. What I got to experience was the blend of talent from instructors on track and those in download. The progression of groups driving the line correctly and their awareness on grid and on track was quite obvious to me. Yes, a beautiful thing.

I want to thank you for letting me have my way this year. All of you were on-board from day one and your commitment and follow-through was, and is, impressive.

I am very excited about the future of track day and look forward to discussing plans for 2009, and beyond, at our next instructor meeting!

Thanks again Pete and hope to see you soon,

John

ps, will let Karen & Eric know your appreciation.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 Mass-Flo mild race engine
Not Ranked     

I had a great time at the 2008 Cobra Bash....All the people that I met were great and had all of the class in the world and great looking cars too.....Dave Shulak
Old 05-21-2008, 10:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids View Post
I had a great time at the 2008 Cobra Bash....All the people that I met were great and had all of the class in the world and great looking cars too.....Dave Shulak
Hi David,
We were honored to have you at the Bash and grateful that your doctor let you attend with all of us. I know it was a big thing to tackle for you to be there. You did it! You showed all of us (and others) about what it means to "make it to the Bash". I saw you on the Saturday drive too.

Your determination to rise above the hurdles and all that you have been through to make it there was a true inspiration to me and Bob, and others at WSCB. We were fortunate to be able to meet you and have you there, so THANK YOU David. Truly awesome and inspirational. It's people such as yourself that remind us why we did the bash in the first place.

You are true GLADIATOR sir!

Last edited by decooney; 05-21-2008 at 10:23 AM..
Old 05-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Thank You!! To All WSCB-Track Day Instructors & Team!

Track Day Team,

I want to thank and acknowledge All Track Day Instructors for your efforts, dedication, skill, patients with me, and for pulling off a truly amazing Track Day! During the event I did not drive, although badly wanted to. I did not want to loose focus on the schedule, energy, flow, and minutia that was happening minute by minute. I spent much of my time with Terry on the start/finish tower observing, listening, and making decisions. But the reality was, the event ran itself like a Swiss watch. Yes, we had a few issues but got right back on schedule.

What was happening on the course and in the downloads came together like one smooth progression of driver-improvement & awareness throughout the day. You guys, instructors, were hailed with appreciation and thanks by the course workers, and many of the attendees who approached me later in the day, Sunday, and currently by email. All of you worked with your groups and it showed, especially 1A&B. You were the backbone the event and you drove your asses off helping and supporting your students.

What more can be said for the Driverís Meeting Thursday night? A stellar performance by Eric & Karen. It just doesnít get any better than these two!

Our grid marshals were awesome all day! Never missing a beat while standing in the hot sun on pre-grid and the hot-lane. You kept us on the minute all day long! Great Job!

I also want to thank those of you who jumped in and helped with Tech on Thursday. We got a jump on tech this year and the drivers who were prepared greatly helped the process go smoothly.

I am honored to work with such a talented and dedicated group of individuals and looking forward to our next event. Bravo!!!

Driving Instructors:
Gary C.
Gary B.
Don F.
Dave A.
David A.
Gordon G.
Brian L.
Pete C.
Rick A.
Karen S.
Eric W.

Group Leaders:
Eric W.
Karen S.
Gary B.

Grid Marshals:
Dick S.
Andy S.
Mike K.
Lowell F.

Tech Inspectors:
Morgan L.
Howard J.
Andy S.
Eric W.

If I forgot someone, like DUANE who got in someone's face and made massive amounts of drinking water available immediately, please just slap me!

What a day people, you should feel proud!

Hang Loose (Shaka), John
Old 05-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique #9159 428 FE 614HP by FE Specialties
Not Ranked     

Duane and John,

You both did an awsome job of planning, coordinating and putting together a great staff and event this year...each year seemed to outdo the previous. I think I can say for us all that we truly appreciate the work you put in to make each event as enjoyable as it could possibly be for each and every one of us who attend. Words can hardly say exactly what we feel. Thank you all.

I will send you both an email with my thoughts, as you requested, for next year and you have my offer of any help, within my power, I can give.

Tom
Old 05-22-2008, 10:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Tom,
Thanks, and I heard ya loud and clear at the Bash too as we were all departing. I am planning on getting together a subteam of people for CH1, and you are on that list along with a few others who left notes in my car as we departed Sunday morning.

As I check out base locations this weekend for the CH1 prototype, there is some background discussion going on with other group events who meet, and one other near the coast in Cobras, to see if we can merge three into one to come up with something different and else to do. Gotta keep it spicy and fresh, and never stale. I'll be asking for your help on that too along with others. Email coming soon after next week
Old 05-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Duane...willing to help on CH1...I'm on the road all the time and know more than a few Central Coast routes/places to stay. Let me know.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cutting Edge Replicas, 427 World block SBF, TWM Injection
Not Ranked     

Duane - I'm willing to help too.
John - I'm not licensed as driver/insturctor, but willing to help ... carry water, staging?
Shell Valley Daytona #27
Old 05-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank you SF/Ron, I appreciate your support and will put you on the list. We are currently in the concept stage of planning 2009 & 2010. Iím hoping to go public with our plans by end of June. We have a few pivotal meetings in the meantime that will help inform our decisions. All I can say at this point is that we are thinking big.

Hope your car ran well and it was good to see you at the Bash!

Talk soon, John
Old 05-22-2008, 02:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron & Ron, got you down. Excellent. Thanks. There are some folks in Monterey too that have a 5-acre base camp for campers too, so it appears we have some good ideas brewing. Jamo/Ron - I'm going to need your help to help me to KISS / Keep It Simple Stupid! Hehehe. That is my goal and I know we can do it if just getting together with the cars is the focus of it all; nothing more - like when we started in '05.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 351W to 393 Twisted Wedge Heads, Holley double pumper
Not Ranked     

One of my personal highlights was riding with Gary in his Miata passing a GT40 and looking at his relaxed grin driving the track.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

One of my personal highlights was riding with Gary in his Miata passing a GT40 and looking at his relaxed grin driving the track.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default ďCobra RoundupĒ Announcement from the WSCB-Track Day Team!

Hi Folks,

As promised your former WSCB -Track Day Team, now calling ourselves ďCobra RoundupĒ, is leaning towards having their next Track Day Event at Reno Fernley Raceway on May 15-17, 2009.

Our tentative plans so far:

The event weekend is focused at the track and will be open to Cobra, Daytona, Gt40 types only.

Friday afternoon & evening: check in, unhook your rig and get setup, grab a bite, tech your car, and depart to your favorite hotel. (we will be working on options for group accommodations.)

Saturday: A full day of driving on the track, with instructors and downloads, in various run-groups. At the end of the day we will have a champagne award presentation followed by a delicious Texas Style BBQ and Beer & Wine Garden. During Dinner weíll be having GoPed & Pedal Car Drag Races with prizes for the winners. (letís just start with that for now and see where it goes.) Oh Yes, we are definitely having a Womenís run group again, Absolutely!

Sunday: Same format as Saturday, without dinner, then head for home at the end of the day.

Looking Forward:

As we move through the ideas, transitions, and growing pains of WSCB, it is our intension to continue to provide a Track Day event where Cobra owners of any make and experience level can bring their car, drive at their own comfort level, learn and apply the safety rules and basic skills of driving on a race track, and of course, have FUN. This is was always at the core of WSCB-Track Day and because of its success and popularity we are committed to keeping with that format.

Your Track Day Team is racing and open tracking all year long. I go to the track and participate 12 to 14 weekends a year. For us, this is a way of life. For most of you, WSCB & Track Day has been the one event you look forward to, and feel comfortable enough with, to get out there on the track and see what itís all about. I understand this, salute you for it, and donít want to loose sight of what youíve created here. Until I see and hear otherwise, we ainít changing the program. We do, however, plan to make Track Day better.

Also, we are looking ahead at different tracks, different possibilities, and bigger venues for the future of Cobra Roundup. But for now and 2009, we have the date, the track, the instructors, and the support to make this happen. Updates and the launch of our new Cobra Roundup website will be coming soon!

Duane is working on developing his Cobras on Highway1 (CH1) gathering, drives, and 2-night stayover at two different locations along the route for an enjoyable get-together with friends and couples, September / October. Stay tuned on that front. Iím really excited about this new spin-off from WSCB. I can finally just show up with my JBL, calmly, and take a beautiful drive down the coast, with wax earplugs of course. I know the road well from my younger SoCal days but never thought to drive it in the Cobra. So, really looking forward to this drive.

If youíre serious about participating in Cobra Roundup 2009, please send me an email indicating your interest in our track event and Iíll put you on the list. :> john@bossjbl.com

Talk soon and looking forward to hearing from you,
John Marsey
WSCB-TD Director
Old 05-23-2008, 08:30 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1509, 302 EFI, 350hp 1/4 ml 12.20@125mph
Not Ranked     

Deb and I are going!-John

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: