1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Ron & Ron, got you down. Excellent. Thanks. There are some folks in Monterey too that have a 5-acre base camp for campers too, so it appears we have some good ideas brewing. Jamo/Ron - I'm going to need your help to help me to KISS / Keep It Simple Stupid! Hehehe. That is my goal and I know we can do it if just getting together with the cars is the focus of it all; nothing more - like when we started in '05.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

One of my personal highlights was riding with Gary in his Miata passing a GT40 and looking at his relaxed grin driving the track.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

One of my personal highlights was riding with Gary in his Miata passing a GT40 and looking at his relaxed grin driving the track.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     
Default “Cobra Roundup” Announcement from the WSCB-Track Day Team!

Hi Folks,

As promised your former WSCB -Track Day Team, now calling ourselves “Cobra Roundup”, is leaning towards having their next Track Day Event at Reno Fernley Raceway on May 15-17, 2009.

Our tentative plans so far:

The event weekend is focused at the track and will be open to Cobra, Daytona, Gt40 types only.

Friday afternoon & evening: check in, unhook your rig and get setup, grab a bite, tech your car, and depart to your favorite hotel. (we will be working on options for group accommodations.)

Saturday: A full day of driving on the track, with instructors and downloads, in various run-groups. At the end of the day we will have a champagne award presentation followed by a delicious Texas Style BBQ and Beer & Wine Garden. During Dinner we’ll be having GoPed & Pedal Car Drag Races with prizes for the winners. (let’s just start with that for now and see where it goes.) Oh Yes, we are definitely having a Women’s run group again, Absolutely!

Sunday: Same format as Saturday, without dinner, then head for home at the end of the day.

Looking Forward:

As we move through the ideas, transitions, and growing pains of WSCB, it is our intension to continue to provide a Track Day event where Cobra owners of any make and experience level can bring their car, drive at their own comfort level, learn and apply the safety rules and basic skills of driving on a race track, and of course, have FUN. This is was always at the core of WSCB-Track Day and because of its success and popularity we are committed to keeping with that format.

Your Track Day Team is racing and open tracking all year long. I go to the track and participate 12 to 14 weekends a year. For us, this is a way of life. For most of you, WSCB & Track Day has been the one event you look forward to, and feel comfortable enough with, to get out there on the track and see what it’s all about. I understand this, salute you for it, and don’t want to loose sight of what you’ve created here. Until I see and hear otherwise, we ain’t changing the program. We do, however, plan to make Track Day better.

Also, we are looking ahead at different tracks, different possibilities, and bigger venues for the future of Cobra Roundup. But for now and 2009, we have the date, the track, the instructors, and the support to make this happen. Updates and the launch of our new Cobra Roundup website will be coming soon!

Duane is working on developing his Cobras on Highway1 (CH1) gathering, drives, and 2-night stayover at two different locations along the route for an enjoyable get-together with friends and couples, September / October. Stay tuned on that front. I’m really excited about this new spin-off from WSCB. I can finally just show up with my JBL, calmly, and take a beautiful drive down the coast, with wax earplugs of course. I know the road well from my younger SoCal days but never thought to drive it in the Cobra. So, really looking forward to this drive.

If you’re serious about participating in Cobra Roundup 2009, please send me an email indicating your interest in our track event and I’ll put you on the list. :> john@bossjbl.com

Talk soon and looking forward to hearing from you,
John Marsey
WSCB-TD Director
Old 05-23-2008, 08:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Deb and I are going!-John
Old 05-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

John...phukingA-Bubba!
Old 05-23-2008, 05:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cutting Edge Replicas, 427 World block SBF, TWM Injection
Not Ranked     

John and Track team,
You got me on your list of volunteers and the Cobra Roundup sounds great.

I thought I would share my experience on the track .... Was following the Miata (group 1B) on the 3rd run and learning the line, trying to keep up and then on the second lap, he took off on turn 2 and 3! I could not even get close! And to make things worse, all I see in my rear view mirror is the black mustang and headlights! Could not shake him. Talk about paninc. So much for HP. Just goes to show you how good the instructors are!
Shell Valley Daytona #27
Old 05-24-2008, 10:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra w/ Centrifugally Blown Big Block, Pickles, Onions, on a Sesame Seed Bun.
Not Ranked     
Default LOL don't feel bad

I was chasing my group all day as well; and found out at the end that I had my friggin headlights on the entire day. ROTFL. Hey, but you drove to the event, stayed rubber side down, learned something, and had a blast...right? That's what matters.

I learned I need more seat time, less boost, more front sway bar, rear bushings, and a watts link.

Hot tip; if you want the duct tape on the head lights to stick *real good*, leave the headlights on all day. It took at least an hour to get that crap off the lights.

Byron
Old 08-12-2008, 06:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B with Motorsport Crate 302
Not Ranked     

anything set for 2009 yet? Where and when?
Thanks, Jim
67 Mustang Coupe
63 T-bird Convert
47 Fordor Flathead
01 F350 Crew Cab V10
Old 08-12-2008, 07:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Closed

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately not, as announced at the closing of WSCB 2008.

WSCB as we know it is officially closed as an event, and mothballed for now.

It was a great four years. There will be no WSCB in 2009.

Other / smaller and simpler get-togethers have spawned now...and former WSCB'ers are getting together here and there at other events.

Thanks for asking.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: