Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Western States Cobra Group (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/western-states-cobra-group/)
-   -   Didn't Mean to Cause a Fire Storm (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/western-states-cobra-group/86718-didnt-mean-cause-fire-storm.html)

FFRCobraMike 04-07-2008 10:13 PM

Didn't Mean to Cause a Fire Storm

Boy, I posted my message about just finding out today that i have to have a spinal fusion two weeks before WSCB. I forgot there were no refunds and posted that my space was available. The first reply indicated that spots were not transferable, so i immediatly deleted the body of the message. I tried to delete the entire message, but the forum would not allow it. I checked back this evening and WOW, what a fire storm of insults and rants and raves. While I may not agree with the policy, i agreed to it, so i am going to abide by it. Unexpected emergancies happen to everone, so for the small amount of money, it is costing me, i am not really concerned. I just hate to waste a spot that someone else could use. It seems a shame to me that the organizers would rather have an emty space then a full one, but that is their choice. They did make the policy clear and I for one am abiding by it. I just do not take kindly to being called a flake. I have been looking forward to going all year, so it is a great dissapointment to me to miss it. So stop slamming the WSCB folks. They are doing a really great thing by putting on this event and are all volunteers. The policy is what it is. We all agreed to it, so we should not complain about it after the fact. So I apologize for even starting the thread. It was not intended to be a rant page. I just wanted someone else to get the chance to go that missed the registration. That was all. :CRY:

jmarsey 04-07-2008 10:23 PM

Yes, we’re sorry too Cobra Mike but hope your surgery goes well. Maybe we’ll catch you next year.

thudmaster 04-07-2008 10:27 PM

My golf partner had surgery like that. It is not fun but after one year he is playing again...........get well...........:)

Rwillia4 04-07-2008 11:13 PM

Mike- look up cryocuff on line and purchase one of the back ice packs. It will help you recover quicker and with less pain.

mrmustang 04-08-2008 02:36 AM

Hey Mike,

My son has had two spinal fushions (this one almost his entire spine length), you will be on your feet quickly and back to work, but I do not believe the doctors will want you in your cobra for 4-6 months (ask them about riding a motorcycle, the same jarring and bouncing applies to the cobra)........Hang in there and get well..............

Bill S.

bret a ewing 04-08-2008 09:18 AM

Don't let folks get under your skin, just concentrate on healing.

Igofastr 04-08-2008 11:06 AM

Mike,

Thanks for being a voice of reason. Hope the surgery goes well.

Jamo 04-08-2008 12:39 PM

Mike...best wishes for a successful procedure. You'll be missed at the Bash.

tmareina 04-08-2008 03:11 PM

Mike,

Jamo must be getting old and forgot he posted the same message twice...hope the surgery goes well and heal quickly...we'll miss you at the BASH but we'll hoist a cold one for you.

Tom

Jamo 04-08-2008 03:38 PM

Hehehe...bite me. :p

Jamo 04-08-2008 03:38 PM

Since I'm old...bite me again. :JEKYLHYDE

tmareina 04-08-2008 04:20 PM

Jamo,

I'll see ya at the Bash, if ya don't make it to Sonoma....I'll bring my SHARP TEETH!!! Take care and drive carefull.

Tom

Jamo 04-08-2008 04:25 PM

Yup...you too. ;)

Me thinks this is gonna be a good Bash...maybe the bestest ever.